19.1.04

The mind of the jet lagged

I'm back in NY after a whirlwind week of LA and San Fran. Needless to say, I am quite sleep deprived, but always productive and always plotting and scheming. Of course, things happen, and I try to share them with you.

While on the plane to LA, I finally got the inspiration for lyrics and melodies for the one HF song that was giving me trouble, CREATION PHASE. There's a lot scribbled on paper and I'm actually about to go put it into the computer so it's legible. Then I'll play with it. However, this gave me the confidence to decide it's time to start scratch vocals. We've been incredible slow of late and it's time to kick it into high gear. Everyone is back in the same place, so hopefully we can make some big leaps, especially with the drums and vocals. I know Robin is game. First day back in the studio is tomorrow and I'm hoping we have a special guest in there, as he promises to show up.

Also on the plane flight, I found myself in a sound design mood and started creating some really interesting loops that might lead to the long discussed EK-7 project. This one will be for the "kids", if you know what I mean. However, I have to see if a certain someone knows how to wrap his fingers around a guitar again to see if my masterplan can come to life. We'll be talking more about this later in the year.

Had dinner with my agent/lawyer/advisor and our old friend LeoV23, who was a happy to inform me that his new project, AM PACIFIC, has begun and slipped me a demo. ohhh, I'm a happy boy as Leo usually never fails. He hasn't this time either. It's a continuation of his adventures as Sutra, but it expands on the sound, adding horns and a new female vocalist. He seems quite committed to this as a full time band and you know I'll be the first one checking it out.

Leo was packing a one two punch as he announced, thanks to my encouragement, that he and Krayge are FINALLY going to re-master a V23 best of and put it out this year. He might even get the very cool Warzone Demos on there as well. The versions of BLACK SKY and VALUE on that were mega. I hope they make it on there. I really have to ride Leo to make sure this all happens as I have been bragging on the boards (with Leo's approval) about this. You coldwave kids are in for a treat with this.

Thanks to the ever helpful Mike at Invisible/UI, I finally have a copy of the final real manufactured OXIDIZER in my hands. I am a happy camper to say the least. The mastering, which I hadn't heard and had no idea about, is very very good and the record sounds crisp and punches hard. INV actually spent some money and printed the art on nice glossy paper. Make it feel special. I think its ironic that I first heard the final album in LA as I spent the bulk of my work on the album (loops, listening to mixes, etc) from LA for some reason. Anyway, the chapter is closed and the jury will be decided. I know I can sleep at night loving this album. Despite all the chaos and drama, it was worth it. And a flying V to anyone who doesnt like or get it.

I hoped I would come home to find the two CD Revenge set waiting for me. Sadly, not yet. However, I am dowloading new Ass Cobra Demos. There is a God. I think.

Irene has a friend who has a friend dating Hong Kong star Anthony Wong. This is too much for me to handle. Too much.

I'm sorry to cut this all short, theres more, I think. I just need to get re-adjusted to the cold.

F

No comments: