29.11.03

"It hasn't changed at all, son!"

Last night, at a hotel in lower Manhattan, I met the man who influenced me to pick up a bass guitar when I FIRST met him 12 years ago. It's no secret here who this person is, but needless to say he was a total gentleman who was funny and sweet. This brief conversation totally justified my musical existance. We discussed Hypefactor, bass playing and Gibson Thunderbirds. When he asked for a CD, I was floored. Kudos go to Irene (for giving me the last copy of Distracted Lover we had in the house, so I didnt have to rip down my framed copy), G (for coming along so I didn't look like a stalker), and B (tipping me off about the DJ set). It gets better as said bass hero is performing tonight here in NYC.

What a great moment. Thanks, Hooky!

Meanwhile, lyrics are bring revised and honed for HF2. I've been taking advantage of free moments during the Turkey break to focus on the written word. Yesterday, I shot some lyrics over to B and he came back with some positive feedback. Jazzed, by that, I began arranging what is now called OUR FAITH (title to change, though I hated calling it BITTER PARTY OF ONE). I have a decent intro and verse, so this morning I'll work on the choruses before being beaten by a 5 year old AGAIN (no complaints though!).

F



No comments: