12.11.03

FUCK YOUR PHONE!

Sorry, been buried. But here I am for your stalking pleasure.

Chemlab is literally consuming my life. This is not a bad thing. Tons of work, E-mails flooding in and lots of new interest in my musical world from the kids. The Chemlab message boards are a lot of fun so far. Hopefully, no jackasses will go and ruin it. Thanks to this new exposure, a few aggression/HF cd's are being bought up and the talk of the chat boards is the new Chemlab "MACHINE AGE" EP. Jared is out on the road with Pigface now selling it as well as the new T-shirts (can't wait to strap one of those on!). Finally, my copies of the EP arrived today thanks to the very nice Mike at Invisible and it sounds super. I think for a limited edition tour only item, this is the perverbial bomb, as they say. I'm not 100% happy with the way my artwork was printed, but I have little to nothing to complain about. Its the first official Chem-release in years and I got to be a part of it. Now, onwards to Oxidizer in January...and beyond.

Hypefactor is no less busy. Tackling the song THEYVE JUST, now which has gone from moody acoustical thing to mini-Cure epic. Love what this is turning into. Its the last song to be developed before we being tracking drums. LOTS of inter-corp discussion about the drums, etc. Thats a new challenge for us as we have never directly recorded live drums for one of our projects before. It will certainly be educational. Ash has laid some of the groundwork for this with the Cobra's, but I think we're gonna do some really great stuff in the next few weeks. Robin's ready for this. I know she will come through big time. Also, Brandt has updated the news section of the site, so check that our and LEARN, asap!

Meanwhile, the aggression (remember them) have been informed by the label that the THESE MILLION NIGHTS EP is on the schedule for early 04 (to capitalize on the chemlab association, I'm sure), so I've started prepping the art for it. We're not sure if it's going to be in a slim jewel case (like DEVIATIONS), which is my preference, or in a regular CD5 case, so as soon as I know, I can go full out on the art. the cover is ready. I'm looking forward to getting back into that world for a bit. I think the label has a few of their artists doing some remixes for this, so we might end up with maybe TEN remixes on this mother. Quite the bang for the buck.

And no, i will not comment on Paris Hilton. Now back to Cerati

F



No comments: