21.11.03

DISCO!

The Face made their Knitting Factory Debut last night for an early show opening for someone called My Favorite (who have a bit of a following, I'm told). Well, I'm happy to report that Saintface was in excellent form and played a very "hyper" (Irene's word) and "Spirited" (G's word) set. As a musician who knows the band members well, I could tell that they were having a VERY fun time on there. The music was tight, the band was loose. That's how it should be. Plus, they closed with an oldie called YOU BELONG TO ME, which confirms my suspicion that it's popping up on the album. Right, Peter?

I would like to add that Saintface have fallen into an old aggression trap. With the aggression, every gig was "the last gig ever" and we'd play a month later. Saintface's gimmick is "last gig of the year" and they play a month later. December 29th will be their third last gig of the year I think. Love it.

And yes, Peter, that was me who yelled "Disco". Sorry. I wouldn't do that if they weren't my favorite band.

Had a nice round of drinks after with my girl, G, brandt and Peter. Good times.

F

No comments: