7.12.03

SAKE!

Greetings from LA. I hear y'all might have some snow there...just a rumour I've heard while driving around in my convertible.

Not much to report other than I'm working non-stop, but I am happy to say I just got back from seeing THE LAST SAMURAI at Mann's Chinese Theatre (THE best place to see movies here, arclight be damned), and godDAMN was this movie incredible. I don't think it's any secret that I have a love of the Asian culture, and I felt this movie successfully told a great story and respected the world and culture of the Japanese quite well. Cruise was phenomenal as well, mad intense. This is rivalling LOST IN TRANSLATION as my movie of the year (only cause I have yet to see THE BROWN BUNNY). Anyhow, I strongly urge you to see this film. Quite moving stuff.

On music note, has anyone heard the new Die Warzau track, RADIATION BABIES? What a smoking return from one of the all time greats. Keep your ears open for this one.

Irene tells me the new Connelly album is waiting in my mail at home, as if wanting to get home to her wasnt enough, now theres an awesome new CD waiting there. ugh.

And yes, im working on music in the free moments. Listening to the demos and writing words and such. I'd like to think my colleagues have figured out when they are recording drums, but for some reason I doubt it...

And now for some long awaited sleep. Be well all.

F

No comments: