27.12.03

Kid? ADULT

I've not forgotten you, but I'm sure you, like me, have been busy with the holidays. What I learned this year having a live in girlfriend is that my family at the holidays now perceive me as an "adult" which to me is a four letter word. However, this means now that "we" meaning myself and Irene, have to go and buy gifts for everyone in my family. This is not an easy task and I have newfound respect for my mother, who has been doing this for decades on my behalf. As an only child, it was wasy for my mom to tack on my name to gifts she had bought for for my relatives. Irene, to her credit, and in spite of an insane work schedule, somehow managed to steer the ship to success. I did help even with the flu. However, now, instead of getting gift cirtificates and such (cause no one knows what the hell to get me anyways), I get things like gift baskets. What the hell is THAT...even Irene's adorable nephew, who is 5, bought me a shaving kit because "I'm always visiting". Actually, i thought that was kinda cool.

Despite now getting "adult" gifts, Irene managed to keep the 12 year old in me quite happy on Christmas with lots of Star Wars and wrestling gifts. And of course, she got me the Ash-Recommended Bose Speakers for the Apt, which is going to get us kicked out of here. I have them at 2, and its blowing the roof off this place.

However, next year I'm going the route of the 5 year old and making lists.

I'm slowly catching up on things, mostly non-music stuff, cause Brandt is out of town till Mid January, so we're on a sorta hiatus. However, Brandt and Robin had a productive initial drum recording session while I was sick. While I have yet to hear, both reported good things from it, Robin in particular was very excited. It was then when I realized that this was out first time recording with her as a drummer!! Well, its about time, yeah? Anyway, Ash reports to me that B left the drum recording set up intact, so we might head in there soon to do some more. Hopefully.

I wish I had more to report, but sadly, the holidays make things crazy quiet. Been catching up on my Asian cinema, and watched the first two INFERNAL AFFAIRS back to back. Awesome stuff, though I'm worried how they will handle the third one.

Anyhoo, I'll be around later

F

No comments: