18.12.03

Too Long In My Mind

Sorry, its been so long, but thats not to say there isnt anything exciting going on. Honestly, I'm just happy to be back in NYC for an extended period (maybe 3 weeks max), so two of those weeks are going to be vacation. Brandt, who I think is recording drums right now with Robin, is going back to Chicago, so i will be forced to actually relax and not work on music for a bit. I have a bit of reading to get caught up on, so thats the plan at the moment. However, Leo v23 has been recruited to perform on one of the newer tracks. Dead excited about that one.

Chemlab is officially out on January 27th. It's available for pre-order now, which I was excited to see. I am really looking forward to the reactions that will flood the Chemlab and Acumen newsgroups in the weeks that follow the album's release. I'm supposed to rap with Jared tomorrow, so I should know more about what the gameplan is, etc. for 04. I'm also told he has the new Watts album, and I'm determined to scam this unreleased gem from him.

Speaking on unreleased gem's Chris Connelly, a gentleman if there ever was one, has sent me a copy of his new album NIGHT OF YOUR LIFE, which is quite simply, nothing short of excellent. As I mentioned to Chris yesterday, this new one, co-written and produced by the amazing Chris Bruce, shows Connelly at the height of his vocal and songwriting powers. It's a nice balance between his previous solo work in SHIPWRECKED and his recent album PRIVATE EDUCATION. I know a lot of the kids want him kicking and screaming Revco style, but goddamn I love this man's solo work beyond belief.

Saw Return of The Bing last night and it was quite epic and the filmmaking was excellent. However, as much as I enjoyed it, LOST IN TRANSLATION is still my pick of the year (and probably cost the same amount of the the hobbit's rubber feet in the Lord Of The Rings)

And now, some rest, but more sooner than later...

F



No comments: