14.12.08

The week ahead

I'm trying to be a little more regular about writing here. I'd love to think next year I will get back to this a little more regularly. Honestly, I'm just stressed out with the movie and all that. Yesterday, I went to the press junket and they had a fun press conference where a lot of reporters came and actually asked decent questions. I thought the cast and their director came across very well. It was actually enjoyable to check out and fun to catch up with the folks involved. But again, stressful. Sure, I play a minor role in the show, but this projects been a part of my life for more than a decade and it's my name up there amongst the others, so I take great pride and great fear in that. All at the same time. It's slightly weird and exciting all at the same time. Obviously, I want the movie to be loved and successful. At this point, I'll take one or the other, but not neither. I can't explain it right I guess. I would pin a lot of this anxiety on my own shoulders for reading message boards and all that bullshit. It's kinda my own fault.

Tomorrow, I'll see it on the big screen for the first time. Mind you, I've seen the movie in various stages over the last year, but this will be the first time finished with the all the sound mixed, etc. I feel like Irene won't like it for sure. Then on Tuesday it's off to LA for the premiere, which I dread. I don't know why. I hate all premieres, and I usually end up having a good time, but it's a weird mixture of work and social and trying to find a middle ground. Irene's usually very helpful with me at these things. This time, included in this will be my folks and Irene's mom, all of whom I want to have a good time and enjoy the experience with Irene and I. Thus, there's kinda double, maybe triple the usual stress. I also wish we had a little extra time in LA to decompress, which we do not thanks to Irene and my mom's insane work schedules and my desire to catch Oasis on this tour, which should happen on Friday. After that, I'm pretty much done for the year. I've been pretty dilligent about Christmas shopping, so I think we're in good shape. I'll be happy to have #1 nephew for the holidays for a good 10 days or so, which I know will be good.

Now, I sound like a downer. A year ago, a friend said to me, "no matter what happens, you've done something many dream of doing yet few will ever do, and no one can take that away from you". I do understand that this is a special moment in my life that I'll have forever, I think I just need some perspective and maybe a lil time to get clear of it to balance the mixed emotions of the last year caused by work stuff beyond the movie. I think I will enjoy this a lot more after the fact. Yes, it's crazy, but it's better than letting it all go to my head. That happens if we get a sequel.

F

No comments: