19.12.08

LA recap

Well the hope of coming back to NY to race 2 hours south to Jersey to catch Oasis didn't happen. The weather crucified all hope. Its all gross and shit here, but I'm told the snow is a nightmare and would have prevented this from happening in any reasonable time. Thus, the idea of seeing them in June in the UK is back on. Who knows.

LA was brief. Maybe fun. I'll need months before I figure it out. Honestly, I stressed myself into such oblivion, that I have yet to fully recover. The reviews didn't help. Upon arriving in LA, we went straight to the newly revealed (to me) airport in and out burger, which had i fucking known about 8 years ago, would have saved me tons of time and energy in that town. That evening we had ourselves the long awaited trip to Cabrea, a first for my folks. Joined by Irene's mom, Vik, and Roberto, this was a highlight. Before that, Irene got to meet Emmy and her babysitter for the evening, Robin Glowski, who designed all the early aggression albums, now a mom of two awesome boys yet looking exactly the same.

As for the rest of the trip, the cool part was the super rock star style treatment, courtesy of Lionsgate. Private cars, the hotel (The London), the limo, etc. fun. I might have impressed my family, I'm not sure. Like I said, I trapped myself in my own little ball of stupid anxiety. But if you're going to sit around and sulk, it's nice to have a studio pay for it. One morning, I accidentally drank a glass of Saline Solution containing Irene's contacts while brushing my teeth. Lovely. I was in that frame of mind, friends.

Of course after all the bitching from the studio about not having the premiere in NYC cause of the weather, what happens? It rains like a motherfucker. My gut was this was Will Eisner setting the scene. Lets hope he ticklets the box office a bit. Anyway, it was quite the event at the chinese and it was a big class reunion with all the wonderful friends I made on the movie. Some are here:



I'll post more pix eventually and get caught up with your ass shortly. Stay warm.

F

No comments: