28.12.08

The Spirit of Failure

I'm not gonna do some autopsy about the movie, which is not doing well critically and commercially. I'm almost done with suicide watch, though I'm sure I'll be feeling the effects of this long into 2009. Like most things in my business, insane highs and crippling lows. Right now, with nephew here, it's a lot easier to ignore the reality of it, and honestly, watching the movie in a packed matinee with him and people that liked it a lot will be my best memory of this week perhaps. Someday, when I write the book, I'll tell you all the ups and downs of living in Central City for a few years. It was a fun place, I just think the timing was wrong. But it made me officially a "producer" legit and it was something my folks were able to see in their lifetime, so again, the idea is to take the good from the bad and move ahead. It's not easy, but it's the only way to survive.

No comments: