9.12.08

Here We Go...

God, I know. SHUT up. What have you been doing? I don't see you telling me about your exploits. Where to start, I have no idea. I have a good life. Movies, music, weddings, wrestling, everything a lad like me needs.

Last week, sister in law was in town. Luckily she was very busy, but her company was fun. She took us to Ippudo. We ate well, hung out, discussed life, etc. FLYING back and forth from Montreal is AWESOME, I must tell you. Right now they flights are cheaper than renting the car. The best. It helps that family doesn't live far from the airport in Montreal. My nephew is hilarious. We're gonna have a fun Christmas.

Last week, thanks to the Kidd, I saw a motion picture called THE WRESTLER, directed by Aronofsky and starring my childhood fallen idol, Mickey Rourke. Man, what a movie. Insane. Dark. Depressing. The great sport. So real. I got choked up. Rourke should NOT win the Oscar, I must say, simply cause I am not sure he is acting. I was really moved by this movie for obvious reasons, but even if you don't love the great sport, you will love this film. Last night, Evan and I went to the NY Times Times Talk series to see the director and star discuss the movie. They were good, but the woman hosting it, the alleged Editor at Large, was a nightmare and more interested in claiming to be friends with Tarantino than she was in interviewing these guys. What an assclown. then me and Ev at at Osteria and he took this pic:



Over the weekend, I want to a, yes Lasgana cook off, hosted by our friend Barbara. It was pretty freaking awesome, especially after a long day of productive beat making. Our Jessie made a sweet ass veg lasagna that might have been my favourites, AND she made Creme Puffs that own your fucking soul. Shes like the new Auntie Cake. For reals.

Saturday saw the conclusion of the writing portion of the 5 year waiting Hypefactor album. This was very exciting. Wrote some synths and some beats and man this album is going to be awesome. Now its up to B to lay down some guitars, Bob to do one more bassline and your hero to sing. Fuck. Seriously. Close.

I've been doing press as of late. Some for movie. Some for comic and some for the band. It's fun. I'll post all those things on here as they happen. Or on the Facebook. I'm pretty sure most of you here have access to FB. Irene's addicted. Officially.

I'm warning in advance that I am probably not going to do my usual Best Of's this year. Between all the work, music, and writing, just having to put any more thought into something we all end up arguing over anyways, just might not be worth it. Right now, I am listening to Dennis Wilson, The Hours, some new Oasis remixes, and of course Hypefactor. I'm REALLY excited that a new Cerati album is in progress. He's been listening to Fleetwood Mac and Devo and all kinds of weird shit. Awesome. I played some stuff from the last album for B the other night in the studio and sure enough, as I predicted ages ago, B responded kindly. He's the new Ash. Yaye.

So what's going with you, man? Did you know that ZO claps?

F

No comments: