5.3.08

Items

Uncle Duty is on, hence the lack of updates. Quickly.

*B's birthday was fun. I drank starting at 5 in the afternoon and then suddenly was home around 1 or so. I saw Bob at one point. I drank more sake then you will ever see in your life. Kathie was there but she didn't take my picture. There was a rude waiter at Fiore, but the food is good. I learned about expensive ham from the worlds foremost fake straight man. And there was someone's dumbfuck boyfriend who I had to lecture on the finer points of CLASS. B or Al have told me most of what I am telling you now.

*We've been working on music. About to start two remixes that I am very excited about. I did some more singing, but it needs work. We've started some album art and have pulled the talented Mrs. Brown in for that shiz.

*The Oscars, phew, boring as fuck.

*Peka's new album, SUGAR FREE, is my first album of the year candidate. http://www.myspace.com/pekaproject

*We went to Montreal. Driving up and back were the two best trips I have ever had going there. No traffic, just a little border delay, and that was it. It snowed like such a motherfucker. New discovery: Canadian BUTTER. Amazing as fuck. Irene brought like a shitload of it back, even gave some to my moms.

*My nephew is here and he is a constant source of fun and entertainment. He is also hilarious. He and I were in a cab this morning and they have these TV's now. We have an ongoing gimmick where I turn it off and then he turns it on, etc etc. OK, so...They added a new "Zagats" function to the touchscreen. Cam notices...His eyes pop and he says "IMAGINE IF ASH WAS IN THE CAB WITH US RIGHT NOW? JESUS!"

*I am excited for this new Nine Inch Nails. Forget that it's actually pretty good music and wise for someone at his age to stop singing about his Ice Cream. It's about the business, the use of the net, etc. The idea is great and the way he has made it available is super as it covers every kind of fan that is interested. The entire launch has been an exercise in frustration, for them, for the fans, etc. cause they didn't prepare for the sheer volume of people who would come to the site to get it. After 3 days I still couldn't get it. I had to get a copy of a download fan site just to hear the fucking thing, which I don't mind doing, because, I fucking paid for it. Their shit could not handle it. I'm sure this will be worked out next time. However, he sold out of the 2500 copies of the $300 version, so do the math and this fucking can go pay for the bandwidth to do this right next time. This is a good read: http://www.newsweek.com/id/118786

*Danny is back from Argentina. These are his new friends: http://www.myspace.com/skurkaraskilordi

*I'm finally writing a comic book, a manga actually. Just a short story for an anthology based on a well known property. It's been a blast to do and the script has been received well by editors and peers. I am waiting on notes (and contract) now. Once I sign, I'll tell you. Yes, it's small but fun.

*Last night, we went to the Plug Awards. I have no idea what that is, really, so I showed up at the right moment...the second Nick Cave came on. and Jesus Christ, Nick Cave is a possessed man. Possessed with genius, charisma and talent. He was sick awsome, and while it was only 45 min, we got to see him for the first time in like 6 or 7 years in his only US appearance. And for $10 bucks. He did the best version you will ever hear of STAGGER LEE. It was THAT good, the shit your pants open.

OK, i have to put this kid on a plane at 6:45am.....

xoxo

F

No comments: