22.3.08

"Are you Engaged yet?"

Dulli said the above line the night before to the crowd at Webster and man if you only fucking knew....So Irene and I got engaged. You know this already, but to save the trouble, let me explain how it went down (I originally wrote this for Karen Kruger who is in China at the moment):

Simple version:

I wanted to do this at brunch at the place we went to on our first date, LES HALLES. She gave me a hard time about this brunch all week cause it was her morning off. I even used her meeting my work friend (Thank you Emily) as an excuse. I tried to wake her up this morning, she gave me a hard time. I bought her coffee, she gave me a hard time, and she was cranky and nasty. So around 11am she gets her workout gear on, and then EXPLODES on me about how selfish I am about how I am pushing this this brunch on her, how I don't give a shit about her having to work cause all I care about is eating etc (Bandmates will confirm that). She lost it. So she's walking out the door to work out and I'm like "COME HERE!" and she's yelling "fuck off with your brunch" and I'm getting tough saying "GET BACK IN HERE NOW" and she's screaming "FUCK OFF" and then I'm like "I got you a little something" and hand her the box. Now she is all kinda bitch nasty like "WHAT IS THIS LIKE THIS IS GONNA HELP?" and then she opens it...

There has never been a moment in my life when I wish I had a vid cam on. She went from raging fucking angry to OH SHIT IS THIS REAL? in about a second and closed the box, totally not getting it. PRICELESS. Then she melted cause now I am the single most awesome person on the planet and she was like PUT THE RING ON ME, so I did and I was like "so I guess thats a yes". Thus I proposed in my pajamas and she in her workout gear in our apartment. ah, romance.

Then of course she took me to Les Halles for brunch and I ate escargots and filet mignon and drank stellas while she stared at the ring. Her treat. I act this whole story out much better than it reads. the whole thing was romantic, funny and pure us.

Anyway, the kudos go out to my folks and aunt who were very supportive through all this, Deanie, who put the whole ring together for me and saved me from the world of tiffanys and all that, Vikki who said the line "there's never a good time for anything" not knowing what she had triggered, Ms. Jenni T for the therapy, consultation and inspiration during my more insane moments and to G who kept his mouth shut (but probably forgot) over a few bowls of noodles. Everyone has been massively helpful and supportive of this movie and I truly appreciate it.

Pix of the bling later.

OH and Dulli/Gutter Twins at Webster was fucking SO much better than the first gig. Thats my short review. Too tired and have to work on music.

xox

F

No comments: