3.9.07

"It Looks Like Forgiveness"

A slow pace was the name of the game this weekend. Domestic things took precedent and with B out of town, there was no music to be had (at least in the studio). Thus I got some quality time in at home, was lucky to be cooked for, taken to The Bo and then Irene and I took in SUPERBAD which is super fucking funny and just another great comedy to add to the increasingly long list of Apatow awesomeness. The only way I can describe it is that the movie is about Lurch, Danny and some fat kid who is a weird semi gay hybrid of The Kidd and I (the character has all the charm of the Kidd but all the abusive qualities I am famous for, oh you know). Anyway, this is funny shit. And Lizzie from UNDECLARED has the best cameo ever....See it to believe it.

I kept it lazy on Saturday, I fucking rocked out on the old school Blade of Steel Nintendo game until it was time to grab some afternoon drinkies with Lurch, Evan, Danny and The Kidd at Loreley. It was the long awaited Dirty Five celebration of men. Man, their pretzels were awesome at Loreley. Love that shit. Then it gets better as we made the long awaited return to Wonton Garden for noodles and budweisers and fuck awesome dumplings. We filled it up. But then it gets BETTER as we took it way down low to the old school as the pac brought it to the motherfucking LODGE for the first time in years. It is unchanged, however, Vincent was not bartending, replaced on this evening by some crazy chick who breathes fire. For real. She did this a few times and it was impressive. Danny discussed what he called "Earth Danny Three" quite a bit. The Kidd supposedly invented a shot that we had, which was actually quite fucking awesome, but the later round, something pink, sucked balls and knocked me on my ass. Even Evan drank. Then, knowing I had an important lunch with my friend Frank the next day. I just walked out. I don't remember even saying goodbye to the guys. Well, goodbye assholes and thank you for taking good care of Danny and I for our birthdays. Quality.

Then I barely made my lunch today. Exhaustion and Booze and Noodles knocked me on my ass I guess. But I spent the afternoon with Frank, which was a blast and then I visited Dave and bought some shit. Then I grabbed Irene, met my folks at Koi and ate retarded amounts of sushi. Feeling beat, we came home and watched BLADES OF GLORY and laughed our asses off.

And here I am. Tired. Listening to Richard Hawley, who's new album is really good. More travel this week but only for a few days. Gotta be back for Irene's birthday and Editors at Webster, which both happen to fall on the same day. Can't wait to get back to the music. Ok go to bed, asshole.

F

No comments: