11.9.07

Gold Street Boys Birthday Exchange



INT - MOGWORLD. Night

DANNY sits on leather love seat reading US Magazine. Laid back. Lazy. F.J. and THE KIDD play a heated game old school Nintendo hockey on the couch while EVAN is squashed next to them, snoring.


F.J. has a realization that he has forgotten something. He runs to the dining table, grabs an envelope and excitedly hands it to Danny.

F.J.
I forgot to give you this! Happy Birthday, guy, this is from me and Irene.

DANNY
(without much energy)
What the fuck is this?

Danny opens the envelope to find an Amtrack gift certificate. He looks, puzzled

DANNY
(mumbles)
I didn't even get you anything...why would you even do this?

F.J.
(to the others)
Irene had this great idea, to give Danny a gift thing to Amtrak so he can visit his nephew when they move to Newport

THE KIDD
Oh that's awesome what a great idea!

Evan continues to snore while Danny just stares at it without any emotion. long SILENCE. Kidd and F.J. stare at Danny.

DANNY
...this probably doesn't even GO to Newport...

Kidd and F.J. stare in disbelief as Danny goes back to reading US.

Ok, this is a true story and this led to significant ball busting from me and The Kidd towards this ungrateful anus. Then today I received this Email...

From: dan_hamill
Subject: What G does NOT stand for
Date: September 11, 2007 9:55:10 AM EDT
To: FJD

Gracious when Getting Gifts.

I thank you and Oh my lord thanks you.

G

3 comments:

vikkikaran said...

I LOVE this story.

mjg. said...

action shots of danny are always ace, but wtf is brandt doing? giving frank the raspberry?

Brandt said...

I'm talking about flatulence jokes.