28.8.07

Dirty Five

Hello Friends:

As I start this, it is 8am in NY. I have literally just walked in the door via the Red Eye from Long Beach. So far I am not in to much pain, but the day is young. I am flipping so beat, it's unbeivable. I am looking forward to a few days of couch and tunes and food. Hopefully there will be no insane calls from New Mexico (which is about feature quite a bit in my life as I have a parking spot there) or LA asking me to "enforce" (new gimmick)

These two weeks has been a blur. Ash's wedding (pix soon). Raced home. Put nephew on plane back to Canadia (not the original plan). Packed. 14 hours to Tokyo. Shockingly slept for most of it which made the jetlag a lot easier than previous trips. In the 4x I have been to Tokyo, this was easily the best trip I've had. Lighter schedule and all creative fun stuff. Productive mind you. For the first time, I was able to go off on my own in Tokyo. Rode the subway, bought some manga and a game for the nephew. Got the Japan only hooky DJ mix, which I never would have bought but cause it's Japan, you know...It was very exciting to navigate Tokyo solo. Ate and drank like a maniac and of course amassed so much shit I had to send yet another box home to Irene. I ate some cow heart and liver. It was yum. I also stayed at the best hotel ever, the Conrad, which is really new and well air conned, cause guess what, Tokyo is hot as fucking fuck. And I had to wear the new suits, but I ditched the tie Danny at a wedding style. Fuck that tie bullshit. But literally, it was complimentary room service every morning overlooking Tokyo bay working on HF arrangements. I do more music when I travel then when I'm home. What the fuck.

This is the 3rd year in a row to Tokyo and it gets better every time. I have also gotten really good at sleeping on planes, something I never was able to do before. So i packed tons of DVD's, comics, etc. and I got through zero of it other than the new issue of Word with Johnny Marr on the cover.

Then it was off to LA for 4 or 5 days, I can't remember truly. I literally landed and went to Geoff's cause he was going to NY in a few hours and we'd miss each other. So fresh off of 9 hours of flight, I ran to The Oaks and he bought my sorry tired ass a bagel cause I realized I was only carrying the yens. The Yens. Thats our new band. The he told me the usual round of shit your pants awesomeness and then he gave me lots of comics. I have to say, he's officially the best pal I have met through the business. On Sunday, I got a lotta Vik time, which was good and she and Roberto got me to chill on Sunday. We tried to find Irene's mom, but she was passed the hell out all day. I was jealous. Anyhow, props to the MOGpackers who DID go to Summerslam for sending me constant updates and pix. I missed you guys too. Anyhow, LA was hot as fuck too, but not nearly as bad as Tokyo.

I won't bore you with LA stuff. You know it all by now. I just never stop moving, morning to night, and hopefully work gets done, good food is eaten and a few cunts get tuxedoed. Irene's mom cooked some shrimp with peppers and dried rice thing that tasted like the best thing ever and then when she found out I had eaten grilled intestine (true story) in Japan, she suddenly became very excited that she could cook some more diverse stuff for me. I can't wait!

So many of you called and wrote for my birthday and that's really fucking flattering. The upside: Eating Ice Cream with Vik and Roberto, Ca'brea and very nice and enjoyable company who treated me like a king. The downside: No Irene, NY, nephew, MOGpac or Summerslam. However, to everyone's credit, the amount of people who remember my date of birth is astounding and very much appreciated. Even the drummer wrote! So did Frank's people. Spent the afternoon talking the funny books with Mr. Waid Sweet right?

Anyway, lots on the horizon, including the new bass and the start of the movie...More soon assholes!

F

No comments: