11.3.07

Return...

Hi, sorry.

You know how it is when the nephew is here. Everything goes on hold and my time on this laptop writing you of my adventures is sacrificed in favour of my spending time with him and rocking out on my new Nintendo Wii, which, as Matt Gentile will tell you, is the Best Shit Ever, Official.

Anyhow, nephew is as always awesome, well behaved, and a true fun and bright kid. He had many an adventure in the city, hung out with his buddies, sans Danny who was with HIS nephew on the left coast, and even spent an evening in Harlem playing videogames and eating Pizza. He loves taxis and ordering in. I got him to finally balance his comic book love equally between Marvel and DC, though he is obsessed with The Marvel Mangaverse from a few years ago. Go figure! Anyhow, we had a really nice day yesterday, as the weather was warm as hell. Here he is, summiting with his Aunt yesterday on 18th street at a Wine Bar (He had hot chocolate):



Now it is dead quiet in the house as Irene and I catch up on South Park and various other shows unsuitable for 8 year olds. But he'll be back, and will demand to watch Wrestlemania. Awesome. Special kudos to Evan and Lurch for babysitting while Irene and I went to a screening of 300 in the IMAX, which is the holy shit. And special thanks to the Kidd for walking down St. Marks the same time Cam and I were on Friday.

Did you see 300? I saw it in January and flipped my shit. Then my friend Frank invited us to see it in Imax on Thursday and loved it even more. I was incredibly impressed with the filmmaking as a literal adaptation of the graphic novel. Gerard Butler might be my new gay crush but Lean Heady helps round me out. If you know the book, you'll love the movie and it seems as though this country also marked out for this film as it just became the biggest opening for a movie ever in March and made it's budget back in a single weekend. Motherfucker, that is awesome. And somewhere, another guy named Frank cracks a smile...congrats.

Happily, I return to normal to find B sending me new demos, I breathe easier. More soon, including my big FUCK YOU to a certain someone, which I will write about here...

F

No comments: