15.3.07

The Good The Bad The Whatever

Hello from MOGworld, where the wii is in full use. Matt Gentile and I have been using the wii to communicate. It's very exciting and now his Mii (the personalized characters you create to play with ont he Wii), has become part of my awesome team. Full success. My nephew is next to get on the wiinet. I cannot tell you how amazing this wii thing is. I love it. That was easily the best valentine's present ever.

Anyhow, the great sport gathering on Monday was put on hold to check out Damon Albarn and THE GOOD THE BAD AND THE QUEEN. Frankly, I was bored by the album, and as you know, I hate Damon Albarn, but as you may have read here, I was seeing him in a new light after the Gorillaz show at the Apollo last year, so I was possibly more willing to check this gig out. Irene is more of a fan of his work than I am, so we thought it could be fun.

No such luck. Irene got sick at the last minute and I was stuck going to this by myself. And they got onstage and well, it was a snoozefest and a half. They just played the album, in order, which I hate unless it's a concept album of sime kind (i.e. THE WALL), and it so did not rock in any way shape or form. The songs I liked were good and the ones I didn't give a shit about just were whatever. Paul Simonon, however, is awesome and his bass playing was fantastic. He saved the whole thing. Simon Tong, formerly of the verve, has about as much energy as G after a flight from Greece, and Damon, well, he got away with it last time cause he sat in the back, but this time, he was fine. Not a douche, actualy very appreciative, but this stupid top hat he was wearing was silly and he sang fine, but well, whatever. The whole thing was whatever, you know? I wanted to like it, I wanted it to rock, but you need to hit a snare drum at least during more than 2 songs during a gig, right? Anyway, call Graham, go back to Blur, slag on the artists I like so I have something read in the NME each week. Cheers.

While Irene hosted a movie night featuring my all region DVD and lt edition directors cut of THE HOST at the FP office (complete with Irene home cooking, thus I HAD to show up to eat and drink shoju), I was back at Brandt's AT LAST to finally work on some tunes. We used an old PRO ONE, that B has just gotten to try and flesh out the bridge to AZUMI, which is coming along AT LAST. This was a lot of fun and very productive. Then we chatted and made plans and came up with gameplans etc. It was fun.



OK time to start the day. See you soon my friends!

F

No comments: