20.11.06

Who Do I Remind You Of?

I'm off to the other side of the country in a few hours, but amidst all the personal chaos came an awesome and productive HF session on Saturday featuring the cobra crew (sans drummer), who came in for the next round of the Azumi Sessions. It started quickly as Charles and I dueled some basses until (like in 15 seconds) began to crack the verse. From there, it became one of those exercises in method where the song began to evolve. During all this, Ash, calm cool and controlled as always, walked right in and laid down some keyboards over the verses to add a new layer to the whole thing. Then, he went back to the city for some dinner, while me, Charlton, and B went and got some sweet Korean food and drank Kurasawa Sake. Mmmm. I'll get the name of this place, B knows.

Anyhow, we went back to the studio, where Charles proceeded to re-play the chorus and bridge stuff I had previously written and everyone was dead pleased. It was getting late into the evening, but sure enough, Ash returned, picked up a guitar and laid some riffs over the verses as well. By the time the evening was over, we had jumped way ahead with the tune. Mind you, there's still a ways to go with it, but now B and I have to sit and evaluate what we need to do next with it. I personally can't wait to try some bass over this. B has an idea of a certain bridge for me to fill out and I'm gonna give it a shot next time we get together.

Kudos as always to the Cobras and their friend Dinkelstein and kudos to brandt for running such a tight and anal ship.

Also, we ate donuts. Sorry, you had to be there to understand that and the heading above. Another time. Another book.

F

3 comments:

brandtgassman said...

Anytime a MOGpac member feels like venturing to my corner of Brooklyn, give me a call and we'll pay a visit to Dokebi: Dokebi

ashley said...

"Calm, cool and controlled as always"? Man, you ARE getting senile, Grandpa!

F.J. said...

No, you are justifying everything i have said about you. IRONY.