28.11.06

Uncle Of The Year: DECLARED

When the Uncle Of The Year Award nominations are announce, expect your hero, me, to not only find himself on the shortlist of nominees but also the winner of the award by a very clear margin. Now most of you already knew this, I mean how many 8 year olds hang out with Frank Miller, play videogames months in advance of their release date (Thanks, Evan) and get a college level education in Pro Wrestling History but today was the icing on the cake.

That is because your hero, ME, got up at 5am and stood on a line for hours outside of _____________ in order to get his favourite nephew a ______________ for Christmas. Believe it or not, this thing is so in demand, that i got there at 5 to 6 and there were over FORTY people ahead of me! Can you believe that? and by the time the place opened, I was probably within the first quarter of the line. Anyhow, around 7am, a nice guy from the store took a headcount and told us they had enough units to acommodate us, so it was a big sigh of relief. Anyway, they opened at 8 and I was home back in bed by 8:45.

I have left the location and item intentionally blank as my nephew is somewhat web savvy. More on this on 12/25.

F

No comments: