2.5.06

THE KIDD IS NOW 26 YEARS OLD (aka I THINK THE FACT THAT YOU OWE ME $1,400 FOR AN APARTMENT I CAN'T SLEEP IN IS IRONIC)



It was a weekend of living large and eating well and spending time with good folks. I don't even know how to catch up as I am hard pressed to remember where the fuck I have been. I remember Irene and I eating Sushi last Thursday with Chad and his family and eating lots of Ice Cream in his backyard. That was fun.

REALLY fun was the Kidd's birthday celebration at RUTH's CRIS STEAKHOUSE, which the young man had never been to. Upon hearing this recently, Irene suggested we dine there when he became an adult. Well, it finally happened on the 27th and on the 28th, the young man lived large, drinking French Wine and eating fine Filet. He was joined by Irene and myself as well as MOGpac members G-sus, Matt Gentile (in a rare and most welcome appearance), and the legednary tallness of Lurch.

I believe this is the first time I have seen Lurch and Matt in the same room and not giving each other Ric Flair chops. This was a superfine meal that cost many bills and was worth every single penny. Dining with MOG is fun.

We then went to a bar, which I have now been to twice and still don't know the name of, but is often referred to as "The bar we went to that night with Murray".
The Kidd's evening criteria was a place where we can sit, that had a good jukebox, and was low key. The Bar We Went To That Night With Murray fit that criteria perfectly and the jukebox has improved tremendously. Hearing Pulp after a few drinks was very refreshing. As you can see from these photos, we were seated, not crowded, and there were brick walls, so all were happyWe were then joined by a young woman named Leigh, who claims to be involved with the Kidd on some romantic level. My personal opinions regarding the legitimacy of these claims is unimportant, but we didn't seem to scare the girl too much. It was a good time. Danny, being gracious to the child and is ParaMOUR, agreed to stay at MOGworld and leave the Astoria MOG location to the kidd and young love.

Saturday saw G and I have a morning video conference call with my nephew (who was with Evan in Montreal), who proceeded to call G a "bastard" and enjoyed watching me punch my fellow Gold Street Superstar in the peanuts. After a quick Gramercy breakfast with G, I went to Brandts to work on music. Brandt has added shelves, as seen here. We decided to work on DESCRIPTIVE, which is actually a post-Exit Strategies track that the full band worked on (while I was in LA) and then I arranged and added to over the last year or so. I began the arrangment for our current set up, but technical problems sent B into a frenzy and we then scooted off to the record store to pick up the latest hits (and so he could cool off). For the record, I have continued work on the song here at MOGworld using the new bass and of course the trusty Irish Keyboard. However, the following photo is for a certain bandmember who is quite the geek when it comes to tech and racks:


Yeah.

Saturday night was an early and again fancy ass dinner, this time at Blue Water Grill to celebrate the alleged 39th anniversary of the people who allegedly brought me into this world. Do you believe it? Anyway, Wine was consumed, Oysters were sucked down, swordfish was blackened, and to make sure things were decadant enough, Chococlate Fondue was the dessert. it was lovely and parents are really the only people you can give pictures of yourself to without actually having to be famous. I like that. No autographs please. Then Irene and I promptly slept for like days as we were burnt out.

Sunday saw Irene and I hit the Tribecca Film Fest for a morning of Short Films. Afterwards we went down to my old block, Sullivan Street, and dined Al Fresco at the tiny yet awesome Pasta joint Pepe Rosso which Irene had been wanting me to try. We then spent the afternoon in Soho and Chinatown, just hanging out, shopping, etc. and just enjoying the nice weather and a quiet day (rare). We then caught up with Lurch at and went to the movies to see STICK IT, hoping it could be the next BRING IT ON (same writer). Sadly, it's not, but there's a great scene at the end which seemed incredibly improvised at the last minute and features an apparantly drunk Jeff Bridges being brought in from the bar to come up with some emotional bits. Not a very memorable movie, but the following is a memorable post-movie moment that needs no words:



Since then, I have been keeping the usual insanity happening and excitement builds for the first HF band session featuring Charles and Ash for what seems like YEARS, which will happen this Saturday. I am off to LA for a few days on Monday so having the lads come in will be a great way shot of energy for the masterpiece that will be the first HF full-length. SCORE.

F

No comments: