30.5.06

DAN HAMILL BE A G-HOLE

Things have been busy here at the world of MOG, so I will give you a brief update of where we've been and what we've been up to since my last transmission. Thursday was the fun day as Brandt and I got deep into the tunes. We checked out two songs that I have been working pretty hard on, CREATION PHASE and the newer song DONT DREAM, JUST SCHEDULE. DDJS has a special place in my heart as its the kind of dance song I have been wanting to do for awhile. I actually started writing in Tokyo and I love saying that because it sounds incredibly pretentious but, well, its true. The title actually comes from something a Japanese friend said to me while there. While I can't give you sound yet, you can at least see here what it looks like:



B and I got deep into the song and made plenty of changes to it that gave me enough to start doing another round of work on. I got to play some synths, which is always a blast.



It was a successful evening in which a lot of good things came out of. What happens to this song is anyones guess, but I know it's gonna be a keeper. Someday it shall make love to your ear drums in a way that would make Leandro Fresco blush.

Friday was the long dreaded X3 day. It sucked. It hurt to watch. For real. The best part of seeing this film was seeing a new SUPERMAN trailer. The entire time I watched the film I was regretting my promise to my nephew that I would take him to see this film. This is the suck.

The holiday weekend was devoted to domestic activities. Grown Up Shit, as I call it, that is too boring and not what you want to read here. Ikea, Home Dept, these things. However, I did hit the streets of Stewart Manor to finally retrieve my beloved Thunderbird (THE BASS), so kudos to the Whitfleets for housing it for these last few months. Now I can get my shit in gear and start recording some of the sweet bass you have possibly come to expect from me.

Sunday night, I hung out with lesbians. And Lurch and Danny. At the same time at a cool bar called Heathers, which I had hoped would have Christian Slater lookalikes and serve drinks made from Drain-O. If I can remember now that I am sober, they had either chalkboard walls in the bathroom or I'm just a criminal, but this found its way to the wall of the unisex bathroom:



Monday was a way too hot and hangover recovery day that was spent out with the ladies, Irene and our dear friend Lynell. They mostly shopped while I was simply eye candy, but while clowning around on Lafayette Street, I stumbled across yet another one of these stickers: WHAT DOES IT MEAN!?!

Monday night saw a gang of tired lads and lass watching sport and feeling a huge void from the lack of 24. However, we ate well thanks for the domestic work over the weekend, which included Irene using a new wok and the beloved (by me) rice cooker to cook some fresh chinatown bought shrimp into culinary brilliance. Danny and Lurch also stupidly saw DAVINCI CODE before coming over so watching my two friends lacking the will to live (moreso than usual) was painful even for me. But if I learned any lesson this weekend, it's dont be a G-Hole:


The exciting news for you (and what many of you have been dreading about having to read for the next year on this blog) is the announcement of what was formerly known as KASABIAN 2, which will now be called BRITISH LEGION and will be out September 18th. It's a long wait, but a download only single, called EMPIRE, will be out in July. With so many musical letdowns this year, all my hopes are on this as album of the year. A top album of the year contender, the new Pet Shop Boys record FUNDAMENTAL, is so far (and I need to listen to it a bit) a great, slick return to form. A solid record.

This weeks MOST exciting news is the impending arrival of KRUGER BABY AWESOMENESS, who make their first NY visit of their young lives. The air is electric with anticipation. They too are happy as we see here the two children reacting to the news that they are going to see Irene and I this week:



Up North in Canadia, a certain awesome young nephew busted out his skategear for the first time this season and kicked it like a man should at the Montreal skatepark:

The Best.

F

No comments: