17.12.05

The Cowboy Way

You know, I had to read this blog just to remember what the hell I have been doing and where I left off. This required considerable thought. This Jury Duty thing is really fucking me up. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy it quite a bit, and there are some really goood cases, but there's just so much I need to get done and believe me, being that close to Chinatown isn't helping as I have been eating well and buying too many DVD's. The potential transit strike was (and is) a looming threat and a cause of unnecessary stress at the moment. Combine all this with Christmas shopping, releasing two remix CD's, designing aggression Tshirts for the gig, rehearsing for the gig, and all the usual work and family related stuff and you have a busy existence. As always, I don't mind, but it's hard to get a decent sleep at the moment and with the impending arrival of coolest nephew on the planet for Christmas this week (this time with his mother), rest is not in the cards. This coming week also sees MOGworld cameo appearances from Lawyer/Agent/Advisor and Original Aggression Singer turned father of 2. These are welcome visits.

Irene and I took a quick walk in the rain last night to see The Donnas at irving. I know, you're thinking "Frank, why the fuck did you go see the Donnas" and you're right. However, my dear friend, Chicago's own Paris Trout is their tour manager and he dropped a line to say hello and we wanted to steal a few minutes to catch up. So, I didn't pay for the Donnas, and I'm sure this is kinda obvious, we're favourites during THE GOLD STREET YEARS. Anyway, they are ok live, nothing great, I'm not rushing back to see them, but the guitarist, though totally unoriginal in what she plays, is a fucking superstar. A total monster on the guitar. She needs to do a solo record ASAP. Anyway, "poor" Paris has to spend most of his time on the road with these ladies, which as I'm sure anyone would agree, is a better playing job than doing sound for Acumen. Paris is a hardworking motherfucker and a genuinely nice guy living his dream. He's earned all his success and I wish him more. He's all growns up now.

I'm a Christmas present shopping machine, I'm excited to be ahead of schedule and not doing this two days before said holiday. I can rest easier knowing the kids have toys, Irene has clothing and Danny has HAVOC on DVD. Yes, asshole, I got you something.

F

No comments: