6.3.05

"NO MILK"

Mattagement is upset there haven't been any recent posts, but despite what you may think, as I told him, I don't blog for the sake of blogging. Plus, I was ill for most of the week, thus giving me very little to report. I've been very active on getting the Chemlab remixes going, which is really just about sending remix kits out, following up with people, etc. During my illness, I was able to focus on my own remix for the record, which is now finally finished and something I'm quite happy with. Brandt was helpful with mix notes, and Jared really liked it, so I'm a happy camper. For those of you familiar with the OXIDIZER album, there's a suture, titled Angel Eclipsia, which came together thanks to Jamie Duffy isolating one part of a song that wasn't used for the album and playing guitar over it and throwing in some new loops I had done. It's a great bit on the record. I took the parts to that tune, slowed them to half speed, and re-constructed a new 2-minute plus noise piece with vocals Jared did but never made the final cut. It's noisy and fresh and I'm really happy with it. You'll hear it soon enough.

The MOG related records are the focus of a lot of behind the scenes wrangling as well. The decision has been made to have the HF album mixed by someone on the outside, as we've come to the realization that the task needs to be handled by someone more capable and seasoned for this kind of record. My dream mixer for this record is not available so I've been tossing around some ideas. One mixer has been approached, so we'll see where this winds up. But you reach a point where action has to be taken and taken seriously or the music begins to get moldy and dated and the band loses any kind of momentum. I've seen that happen too many times in other bands and movement is needed. The aggression remix record is also a priority, and I'm just waiting on two remixes before closing the book on this record. It's gonna be a stormer of a record and I think it's gonna deliver big time.

For you industrial kids: Marc Heal, he of Cubanate and C-Tec fame, is here in my great City on holiday and was kind enough to give a ring to see if we could hang out. Now, Marc is the kinda guy I have a lot of time for, so everything was dropped and we spent many many many hours last night catching up at his posh hotel. I hadn't seen him in about 3 years, so we had plenty to talk about. He looks fit, is in fantastic spirits and is very happy and always charming and fun to spend time with. We traded enough stories to fill volumes and volumes of Industrial Bibles, and lemme tell you kids now, don't believe everything you read on the message boards. Trust me. Anyhow, I'm hopeful we'll be hearing more from this talented bloke in the near future.

In closing, I am enjoying the recent round of press coverage New Order and Joy Division have been enjoying. i don't need to get into the importance of these guys to my musical life. My signficant other, in particular, likes going through all these articles and photos so she can list the similarities between myself my bass hero, Mr. Peter Hook. Today she told me in an article how Hooky has specific instructions for his tea..which is the title of todays entry. Now if you know me...there's great irony to that.

F

3 comments:

mjg. said...

forgive me, but i don't see the irony between NO MILK and HEAVY ON THE SPUZZ...

F.J. said...

Of course you don't, you spuzz guzzler

mjg. said...

mine would read: LEMON, NO SUGAR. save the spuzz for your martinis