23.5.04

Wheres The Red Carpet?

Just back from the Harry Potter premiere here in NYC. Good movie, solid direction and an extremely hilarious cameo by ex Stone Rose Ian Brown (a pal of the director's, hence the cameo). Of course in all of Radio City Music Hall only two people went mad for Ian Brown: myself and Dan Hamill (though you should have seen Mr. G pop for Emma Watson when they came out to introduce the movie, not that I blame him). As for the movie, it lacks one thing, which is a major bad guy. Let's just say Kenneth Branagh got more screentime in the last movie than Oldman does in this. Special thanks to Mattagement for hooking Irene, G and myself with tix. The post show dinner at the original hardcore Benihana was most enjoyable and as always, the company (G, Matt and Jax) is always first rate.

Stepping back to my industrial roots, I've heard the new WATTS album for the first time today. It's always fun to hear something new from Raymond, and this is no exception. With WATTS, Raymond tries some new things, going into more electronic territory while also stripping down his usually thick sound. It was a smart decision not to call this a PIG album, because with the way its produced and performed, its not. When it does sound like Pig, its more of a reference than anything. I know some of you die-hards are pissed, but quite honestly, he's smart not to fuck with the PIG brand name. I know that sounds kinda corporate, but when he goes back to doing something as PIG, no one can fuck with him when he wanted to try something different here. Having spent years tracking down almost everything the man has ever recorded, I'm a sucker for most things Watts, so I might be a bit biased.

I am told in their first outing, MOG Athletics won ONE game and lost FIVE in dodgeball. I would like to congratulate these beatiful losers on a job well done!!

F

No comments: