26.5.04

The Following Blog Takes Place Between the Hours of 11pm and 12am. Events Occur in Real Time

So while arranging the song B, Ash, Robin and Charles wrote, DESCRIPTIVE, we paused to eat some Great Wall and watch the Season Finale of 24, which was really good. Not great, but really good. Jack's breakdown at the end was a good way to end it. The War goes on and Jack Bauer will not tire! Anyhow, The show's not back on till January and I have a feeling it will be a very different show. Seasons 1 and 2 were classic and quite frankly, Season 3 had a lot to live up to and occasionally delivered. It's time to change up the formula. However, speaking of season finale's, SMALLVILLE was awesome and they re really shaking up that show in a good way. They got rid of a lot of characters supposedly and had a well crafted cliffhanger. Kudo's to that writing staff.

I took a quiz that was called "Which 24 Character are you most like" and this was the answer: "You are MOST like JACK BAUER. Your motives are pure, but your tactics are ruthless, fearless and uncompromising. You value loyalty, honour and tradition. You don't trust people easily, but when they do earn your trust, you are loyal to them, sometimes to a fault. You are quick-witted, resourceful and a bit of a badass. You love danger and taking risks, but will not hesitate to put yourself on the line for your beliefs and the people you care about."

I think i AM a bit of a badass, though I hope I don't have a heroin habit by next season.

As for the new song, it's damn good and the kids have left me a lot to work with. I don't know if they will love the arrangement, but you can't make everyone happy. I already have vocal melodies for it. It gets quite electronic in the middle, which I love. It will be great for the single.It needs some more meat on it, though I'm not sure what it needs yet or if even I'm the man to do it. Regardless, this track is certainly worthy of the HF catalogue. My compatriots are a mean force.

Meanwhile, Brandt gave me a new edit of CREATION PHASE where the intro was significantly chopped. The song has much more punch now, which really takes it over the top (a good thing). it makes sense. Also, he recorded some extra guitars for LENINGRAD, which were good but needed proper placement, so we spent sometime on that. Now that song's just about perfect.

Brandt will now be spending the next week plus editing drums. Closer and Closer. We need to be careful not to start overthinking shit.


While I am a newcomer to THE SOPRANO's, my love for Drea De Matteo is everlasting. Watching her get beat up and now supposedly killed on that show is too much for me. I have a feeling which she appears next season on the FRIENDS spin-off JOEY, I doubt we will see Matt LaBlanc smacking her around.

And finally the newest issue of the BATTLE ROYALE manga has arrived, so I'm off!

F

No comments: