9.3.04

"So Much Has Gone Down"

Oh Darling, you know I've not forgotten you. It's just that while I live a fun life, there's only so much you can write about without boring the reader. I mean, how much can write about my excitement about Groovie Mann joining RevCo? I sincerely doubt you'll want to hear me discuss my views on Wrestlemania (though if Matt Gentile gets us into the show, he will truly be a MOGsuperstar). I doubt you want to hear about the large amounts of sushi Irene and I downed tonight.

Anyway, things are moving along here. I saw alleged members of the MOGpac at Ash's Birthday gathering the other night and this was a partial treat. It was good to catch up with the RJ's of the world (RJ is my bizarro twin in the life of Ash who happens to be an excellent musician and Ash's writing partner in the world of electronic music), and it was good to see Ash in good spirits. It was also a good opportunity to thank Ass Cobra bassist Charles from saving those bitches from a life of aggression covers (this is a JOKE). However, the absence of both Matt Gentile and the Kidd was felt, though, as the MOGpac lacked its heart and soul, respectively.

Meanwhile, we enjoyed STARSKY AND HUTCH for its homoeroticism (had to see it with G) and hated JERSEY GIRL for its hetroness. Affleck is just flat out lame and Kevin Smith disppoints as a director as he ages, though I am excited he is writing and directing THE GREEN HORNET.

I think I've seen Saintface a few times since we've last spoke. Again, full on. They take the stage on Long Island for the first time this Friday. I fear for them as I have been on many a Long Island stage and rarely has it been enjoyable. Anyway. Saintface. Impressive, ok but where's the album. Well, my gossip is as follows. It's just been reported to me that a certain lead singer from said band just walked out of The Birdcage with a keyboard belonging to certain lead singer who is typing this. Something about "strings" and then "mixing". Stay tuned.

I work daily on my vocals for HF2. It is a slow process, more based around developing the feel for each track. I sing along quite a bit. Thursday there will be more drum recording. This excites me as we are so close. I can't wait to get this album back into the studio where I can get into a routine.

In the world of I-Music, i discuss further work with Jared though nothing set in stone at the moment. I have to send some loops in for his project with Spyby. Hope they like what we did. LeoV23 writes to inform me that progress is being made on the V23 retro CD. there might possibly be a new song that they will finish for this release. I have begged to remix. My agent/manger says I have become the industrial Ryko-disc guy.

In the meantime, I remain happily domestic. I watch wrestling and Teen Titans, I play RISE TO HONOUR, which is making me mental, and I occasionally buy my girlfriend things for our kitchen. I find myself listening to Chris Connelly's new project EVERYONED and enjoying it immensely. I am looking forward to reuniting with the MOGpac spinoff group Team Obscene to watch Mania this weekend and I am dead psyched about Irene and I seeing Avenue Q on Broadway this weekend.

And then there's the cinematic side of my life, which I can never speak of, though many of you would love to hear. I did get a CONSTANTINE crew jacket, which is nice as hell. 8 years of script notes and all I got was this jacket (and a possible cameo in the movie). Anyhow.

I will report back to you soon about more drums, my new cel phone, and other assorted goodies.

F

No comments: