16.3.04

"It IS a Cupcake"

Well, I'm still coming down from the Wrestlemania experience. First, hats off to Matt Gentile, who, despite trying to swerve me into thinking he had accidentally burned one of the tickets, really came through big time by getting us 4 excellent seats at MSG. All for, as Dan Hamill would say GRATIS (though he would say it GRATIAS). The show itself was a blast, the crowd was fun and we saw some super wrestling. In particular, Chris Benoit pulled off the big one and really made the evening special with his big win. Also, in the surreal part of the night, Brock Lesnar, the Next Big Dumbass, was booed out of the building. How stupid is this guy to walk away from the sport that made him tons of money and a star to boot? He's young and will regret this decision. Instead of being the next Kurt Angle, he's for now, the next Ultimate Warrior. He'll be back. Watch.

Anyhow, before all this Mania, I spent my Saturday in a German bar drinking with G and Matt, and later Ash. Also, we ate potato pancakes and "cupcakes". This was a good time, nay, a great time. It reminded me of our days abroad. However, the drinks took their toll and after a wine filled dinner with Irene, I found myself drunkenly harrassing tourists in Times Square. Man, that was embarassing, but Irene got a kick out of it and thats enough for me. Then we hit Broadway and saw AVENUE Q, which is amazing and hilarious. SEE THAT. Broadway is in an excellent phase right now with plays like WICKED and AVENUE Q that are very commerical, yet artistic, clever and entertaining. I hate musicals, but I love those.

I have to tease you with some info. A certain pal of mine, known in many circles musically, has reported via a mate that he has contributed to a certain album that will kick major ass this year. I didnt even know these guys were DOING an album. The I-kids are going to be pleased as punch.

F

No comments: