12.3.04

Charles in Charge

Last night the Factor Corp. gathered for the first time in ages for the next round of drum tracking for HF2. It was a well-coordinated operation. Ash, who has a car, would bring the gear, Brandt would set it up, Robin would play the drums and me, well I get to hang out with my mates and have Ash drive me to Wendy's. I don't do much, though I did read a great interview with John Taylor in THE FACE. Ash and I discussed wrestling on the way to Wendy's. Brandt has the drum set up down to a science so the set up time is now under an hour. Impressive to say the least. I know it sounds like I do little, but mostly my job is to comment if something ISN'T going right or if I don't like swhat's going on. Happily, I've had to pull very few of what I call "Executive Decisions" on this album, which to me only reminds me that my true skill is finding the right collaborators to make music with. I don't miss the aggression on days like this! ;-)

We had an agenda of 4 songs: OUR FAITH, THE THE MORNING AFTER THE LIFE BEFORE, LENINGRAD (formerly known as Two Bass), and THEME FROM PROPAGANDA. Ash claimed we'd get 1 done, I said 2 at best. Lo and behold a certain drummer did her homework and hit a grand slam and knocked all 4 out of the park. Big time. B reported to me this morning that she was dead on most of the time and very little editing will be required. I love this woman. She just makes my life so much easier.

So now the next steps are as follows: B goes to Chicago for a week and immerses himself in edits, which he will be sending me as he progresses. In the meantime, I continue working on melodies, singing along to the demos, etc to get into shape. Hopefully, when B returns I'll be ready to sing and sing like a mother. However, I'm going to take my time with this and not rush it.

Meanwhile, following up my previous entry, Matt Gentile has TRULY earned his Superstar nickname and has obtained 4 tickets for Wrestlemania at Madison Square Garden this Sunday. How he pulled this off was pure genius and totally legal to boot, so to say I'm impressed is an understatement. Dan Hamill has not been this excited since Bon Jovi released NEW JERSEY. I think we will be attending Wrestlemania in suits. 4 Classholes out on the town!

F

No comments: