23.8.03

"I should hate this song, but I really don't. It's weird!"

I had chosen not to post about last nights session as I felt Brandt captured it almost perfectly. Almost. What he states below about my "directive" to keep the new song "minimal" is in fact, 150% incorrect. If you read below, my intent with the song, and I remain quite clear on this point, is that the GUITAR playing in the song should be minimal, not the song itself. I feel the key to this song is to keep the amount of guitar tracks down to a minimum. if anything, if I had wanted to keep the song "minimal", the last person I would allow near the song is Ash. Anyway, I would like to reiterate that Ash was a freaking CHAMP last night and my "let it flow" approach to producing this track brought out the best in these two chumps. If I thought something sucked or I had a better idea, you KNOW they would have heard from me. (Of course you know, fucking Brandt has 200 guitar tracks now thinking in his underage brain that the "minimal" thing is out the door. Just wait till I arrage this sucker.)

And yes, watching Ash watch the monster Brock Lesnar beat the living hell out of the one-legged Zack Gowen was priceless.

In other news, I finally defeated the PS2 INDIANA JONES AND THE EMPEROR'S TOMB. Overall, I loved the game, though I didn't love all the supernatural shit at the end. However, that is applicable to the franchise and the makers of the game are to be commended for another great game that was totally worth the price of admission (thanks to the former high school classmate turned college roommate turned comic book expert buddy). Former high school classmate turned college roommate turned comic book expert buddy has shown me a preview of the upcoming BATMAN game, but before that, I think STARSKY AND HUTCH is going to be the next big addiction, or most certainly the new SMACKDOWN game.

The big letdown of the week comes from my hero Jackie Chan who, with THE MEDALLION has single handedly killed the "Jackie Chan Genre" by going against everything that made it great. The film is horrible and sends the asian action film back 20 years thanks to the utter disregard for EVERYTHING that makes Jackie Chan films great. Shame on you Jackie, Sammo and director Gordon Chan.

F

No comments: