5.8.03

CLEANED UP

Taking the streak even further, I cruised into the studio on Sunday to check on progress there. I played my new arrangements and received an enthusiastic thumbs up for the first four songs. B then played me some new guitar parts for a rocker called "Clean Up" (this is NOT the final title, I'm just sick of typing "the one where I play bass here and he plays guitar here", know what I mean?). I was dead into these guitars and demanded I'd be given the parts immediately to go arrange this tune. B complied and when trasnferring the songs from laptop to laptop, my powerbook takes ANOTHER DIVE!!!!!

Angry beyond belief, I dropped everything and ran to Apple. Got soaked in the rain as well. So I get to Apple and lo and behold all I did was hit one wrong button and everything was fine. But man was I pissed. But man was I happy to learn nothing was messed up and I was able to go spend a nice evening with S.O. and the nice people who raised me.

We have the agent/lawyer/advisor staying with us, but while she is off doing legal things and S.O. is working, I was able to arrange "Clean Up" and E it over to the studio, where B sang its praises. He would tell me if it was crap, so I am quite pleased.

Note that Hypefactor.com is now running with news and the "Making Of The Distracted Lover". Worthy reads. Pictures soon I think. I gotta get this beard on film, you know.

Ash and I talk via IM yesterday. He was messaging me from an airport in Florida, where he was able to wirelessly connect. How I don't know, cause i don't think it was via his cel phone. I am kinda scared of how he did that, yet I am impressed and ponder all the time I could save at LAX and Newark with that ability. Ash is into the HF2 material and we plot some new ideas based on things I have discussed previously with him and B. MP3's are exchanged for inspiration and reference. I am still scared of his ability to connect to the net in the airport...

I will try to maybe get to one more song today, if I feel it, and we might gather The HF Corp. this week to review what we have at this point and maybe work on new stuff.

Chemlab is being mastered this week by Dave Suycott of Machines of Loving Grace and Stabbing Westward. He's got some good ears on him, so I am confident the final product will sound massive. The label has the artwork and hopefully this will be in production quite soon. I can't wait to hear the final mixes! I'm sure you can't either...it's worth the wait!

F

No comments: