6.10.08

Gig Of the Year.



This gig was so powerful, so hilarious, so impressive. It was like going to some kind of southern baptist revival church. Everything that was promised during the brief Terminal 5 appearance earlier this year was delivered in spades. Amazing. The setlist was a perfect selection of songs from the entire Bad Seeds run thus far. The band is sick. Irene I think has a crush on Warren Ellis, which means I will have to grow the beard out.

Also, the several bottles of sake at our massive Korean bbq dinner helped as well. Then the quick drink at Fridays. Afterwards, our large group brought it old school aggression style to the Tempest on 8th ave, which was where we would hang out to avoid the goths when we were playing the Batcave. We kept it real and silly.

Then I woke up and played more Lego Batman, bought the rest of the New Order reissues, and Les Halles'd it. This morning I read about a Depeche Mode tour? No US dates? yet? hmmm?

I also failed to mention that before the Cave gig, I brought it to the BK to check out the tunes and to go with B and Al to the first ever (seriously) Peter Saville book signing. He was very cool and personable and I'm really glad we went. He was very impressed with B owning the JD vinyl box set. "ONLY A THOUSAND OF THOSE" Fun. Then we sat on Brandt's new couch.

I stole this picture from Brooklyn Vegan. btw.

Eventually.

F

No comments: