27.10.08

Briefly...

I'm sneaking some more time in so you don't feel ignored. I feel as the year winds down, things are only going to get busier. There's a wedding (for Irene) to plan, an album to finish, comics to write, and a movie coming out. 09 is the year.

But we're still in 08 so let's get to it. Irene's dental surgery, as noted, kept me at home for the first time in ages, which was nice, and gave me a 3 day weekend. 2 of those days saw me back at the studio with B, handling different tracks each day. We ate extremely well as it was the first day EVER of Bozu Brunch and my god, it was amazing. Even the vegan shit was amazing.

B and I are going in between two very different musical modes right now, Saturday, we worked with nothing but synths, revamping the dancier elements of one particular dance track. This got the centerpiece of the album to a level we feel is worthy of the tracks surrounding it. This was difficult, we had to gut quite a bit, but thanks to our hard work and a quick assist from Damien Peka, one of my biggest concerns about the album has been addressed and eliminated. It's a bit drastic but the payoff is finally there.

On Sunday, there was no time to rest as we went back to continue writing the last song for the album. We've been chiseling away, over and over to fill this one last slot on the record. We've tried literally like 3 versions of this song and even tried to replace it with two others, all to no avail. NOW we got it, and why, cause we jammed it out first on guitar and bass and that really got the skeleton for us to build off of. This weekend, we finally got the chorus into shape. We tried several different approaches, but yesterday with B on guitar and me on keyboard (we'd already written the bassline), we just played and played till it clicked. Hypefactor is always strongest when it's just b and I in a room hammering it out. We both felt good and laid temp tracks down so we had something to work off of. Finally, it has the tone and energy I had been hoping for. We've filled in the spaces quite nicely. We have a good dance/rock hybrid going here. I have so many sick ideas for the arrangement. A little more detail on this and maybe I can start focus on singing.

In between these trips to the studio, I have been at home with Irene, just writing or watching movies. FAST TIMES was on the other night and it was sooooo good, still. Quality. I've also snuck in some Lego Batman time. Cam would be impressed with my progress, I'm 84% done. Rock the lego. When I am stuck at home, I often buy shit on the net, but I did rediscover the former Rosetta Stone guys new band, Miserylab, which I dig and Matt should too. if you liked Rosetta Stone, and probably only Matt and I and maybe Mohtashemi did, this might be to your liking.

Today I did press for the movie, which was cool. Just an interview for magazine about writing. I know the writer pretty well, so I am sure it will be good. I'll let you know when that comes out.

Anyway, just a quick peep to keep the dream alive. Not like anyone else blogs here you know!

F

No comments: