20.4.06

Hum, Ass

Irene and I are off to Virginia for a wedding this weekend (Nephew is ringbearer). Thus, the usual Saturday trip to Brandt's was pushed up to last night. He had been touting his progress on one of the tunes and was excited to share. How can one deny such enthusiasm?

The song of the night was EXIST, one of the songs featuring Peter Saintface on vcoals. It's a great tune and features my favourite 20 seconds of the album (the bridge, which by the way, I didn't play on!) Sorry this pic is a bit blurry
The fun part of the evening was the arrival of my new backup bass, an ephiphone Thunderbird (The cheapy version of my beloved Gibson Thunderbird, now currently in the ex-guitarists folks house). My intention of getting this was just to have something to practice on while running around while giving the original bass less stress by dragging it everywhere (It will end up in the studio and used for recording). B and I spent some time trying to find some sweet sounds on my POD to capture those classic F-sounds ;-) Observe:

It was a productive evening and the song sounds fucking amazing. Listening to the song being built up on the computer was a treat. With each sound added, I would get goosebumps. This is a gem on the album and B has done a tremendous fucking job making it sound like an epic.

In another news, look at this, Brandt Gassman HOMEMADE HUM-ASS



It's actually really good. I was kind of hoping it would suck so I could have a field day with this, but no such luck for this blog, but lots for my tastebuds. The kid can play guitar and make hum-ass. The Exit Strategies Tour will be quite healthy.

Finally, awesome baby alert features celebrated San Francisco ARTISTE Rowan Kruger, here in action:



She and her brother might be chilling with Evan this week. We get these handsome kids and hopefully awesome Link baby in June.

See you next week!

F

1 comment:

mjg. said...

you're lucky that your tastebuds are strong enough to enjoy eating brandt's humASS...i don't think murray would have had a similar experience