16.4.06

Bunny...

The time whizzzzzes by...

After some late afternoon coffee with my dear old NYU friend Katrina, Friday saw Irene and I hit the movies for the first time I believe since January. I think the reason we haven't been to the cinema is less about being so busy than it is about there being a lack of quality films that are exciting enough for us to rush out to see. We kept hearing from friends and family how enjoyable Spike Lee's new INSIDE MAN is so we decided to check that out after a nice dinner at Chino's (located just a block or two over from MOGworld.

I really enjoyed INSIDE MAN. Let's face it, Denzel is just fucking awesome. I won't get too deep into the film in case you haven't seen it, but I thought it was laid out very nicely and was a ride worth taking. That British guy with the unpronounceable name from DIRTY PRETTY THINGS who was also the bad guy in SERENITY plays Denzels side kick and he is rapidly becoming the best actor on the plaent. He's going to break through at some point and you read it here first. He fucking owns. My complaints involve me giving up plot details, so I'll refrain, but the film could have used some more Jodie Foster and some explanation as to who people were and what their relationships were to each other. It's got a bit of a long second act that could have used some trimming, but overall it was a worthy trip to take.

Saturday saw me return to the Island of Long for some quality time with my small cousin, now 8, who is staying with my aunt and uncle while his parents spend their anniversary in Italy. We did very manly things, including a trip to Wendys and Toys R Us. Our conversations revolved mostly around his love life, which is extremely scary, but these kids start young. When you have an 8 year old using phrases like "Hooking up" and telling you "I like Rap, Hip Hop and Whitesnake", life is truly surreal.

Saturday night saw me racing back to the city to check out Ladytron with Irene and Lurch. I'm not a huge fan, this is mostly Irene's thing, but I enjoyed the show simply because they are an electronic band doing what I like best: performing. They had a 6 piece band and everyone did something to make it as live as possible. And guess what? It works. Live bass, live drums, and people playing their synths and not just miming to a backing track. Smart presentation and good video backdrop. I was told this gig was interesting because they were more personable than previous tours, and I found them quite likeable. A good gig.

The rest of the evening goes into a pub crawl haze as we were joined by some of Irene's friends for an evening of great discussion of things ranging from small world conicidences to the genius of 24. Nothing beats some Sambuca at 3am. This all however, made our Easter a little tougher to handle as we had to get back to Long Island for some fine cooking. Stuffed. Hope you all had a solid holiday.

Some tidbits:

1. Thanks to the ex-guitarist for bringing my bass back to a closer county.
2. Thanks to the former label for hooking us up with tons of back catalogue
3. Thanks to Head Cobra for the dance advice.
4. Good thoughts to the ill Cerati, who supposedly has some circulatory problem in his legs (because of this, I will refrain from discussing my issues with his newest CD)
and finally...
5. Thanks to the San Fran Mogworlders who sent this photo of Mrs. Krugers Baby Boy on his first Easter:



Oh yeah, I've been working like a motherfucker on Abelton Live in this beautiful new computer, but I need M-Audio to create a proper fucking driver so I can run my sound shit into this bitch! Come ON!This week is no piece of cake as Irene and I must fly down south to Virginia for a wedding in which her sister is the maid of honour and small awesome nephew is the ringbearer (pictures to follow). Never. Ever. A moments rest. WOOSH!

F

No comments: