2.3.06

Marching On

Forgive my absence as I know "many" of you check this spot daily. Last weekend was spent dealing with the chaos that was the new NY Comic Con, which was fun but was a total organizational mess that redefined the word "Clusterfuck". Literally, it was plotting and scheming just to get in, and we HAD tickets. Putting it on in the basement of the Javitz Center with only ONE way in and out was quite possibly the dumbest move ever. But once inside, it was good clean clusterfuck fun. It's going to be a very long time if these guys think they can compete with San Diego, and I doubt they ever will, but once they move this con upstairs to accomodate the masses, it's gonna be a real good time. More on this next year.

We had some lovely houseguests in the form of comic writer Brandon Jerwa and his wife/partner/agent/boss Jessica Blackshear, who are tops in my book cause of their love of music, comics and French food. We had not one, but two several good times at Les Halles. In your future, you will buy your comics on Wed and Brandon's name will be in them. Check him out at www.Brandonjerwa.com. Good people and they have an awesome 6 year old who I am dying to meet (not just cause he has a thing for Irene and i will fight him, but because he seems like a cool kid!)

Right after they left, Irene skipped town to DC (Washington DC, not DC Comics), to help her best friend Lauren get ready for her move to Holland, where her new groom, Lars, of whom I am a big fan, lives. This of course left yours truly with some free time to watch even more wrestling than usual, while trying to work on music on this slow ass computer, which is on it's last legs. I literally check the apple website everyday for word of the release of their new PowerMacs, which I will buy immediately upon their release. Luckily, Abelton, who make the amazing software Live, which we all use nowadays, is converting the software for these new Intel powered Macs, so I should be back in business soon. In the meantime, I apologize to the Die Warzau crew for the remix delay.

As predicted by the crew some months ago, Dickie Ashcroft will be doing a one-off gig here in NY in between Coldplay dates. Thank God. And of course, through the combined efforts of the Gold Street Boys, tickets are obtained. I think we still might go see him with Coldplay as we already have the tickets, but who knows.

Finally the Chemlab remix album is out and available and while I don't have a physical copy, my dear spy on the inside sent me the mp3's to check out as I hadn't heard the final master. Honestly, and I won't post this anywhere where the kids can see, the mastering job, done by someone named M. Atkins, is less than par, and I'm disappointed. Compare it to the aggression remix CD, which sounds superior, and it's obvious. In fact, I tried to get Larry from VTG, who did the aggression remixes, onto the Chemlab project, but god forbid the label would do such a thing. I mean, let's just cut the whole second CD while we're at it. Not pleased. While i busted my ass for a year plus on this record, it's fucking Chemlab and Jared deserves better treatment. However, you should still buy the fucking thing cause it's worth it.

Happy belated birthday to the long missing Ash, found somehwere in Mexico. Hopefully mixing.

There's more, there's always more, but for now, digest this and we'll talk later.

F

No comments: