30.11.05

REMIX HELL

Down to the wire on what will hopefully be the last two CD's of my "industrial" career for the forseeable future. This week I signed off on the aggression's REVISIONIST HISTORY, which is a remix retrospective CD. Artwork's all good, mastering is great, and DBR has sent it off to the plant. With this CD I think almost everything we ever did would now be available in someway on CD (Except the pre-whiteline rarities, but Ash is handling that). Rob at DBR is confident we'll have it in time for the gig, which would be a super way to cap everything off. This is truly the end, kids, so make sure you grab this disc and make it to the show on 7 January.

The other remix project in my life, Chemlab's ROCK WHORE V. DANCE FLOOR is currently being mastered and the Louche sent a draft of some of the artwork. I'm pleased as fuck with the artwork, again by BURNLAB, who is fucking awesome and someone I hope to recruit down the line for some of the other MOG related projects. I think Louche didn't like the first master that came in, so it's being sent back for another run. I believe the release date is now the last Tuesday in January. Unfortunately, and don't ask me how things got to this, as my involvment is more focused on HF and the aggression at the moment, but the originally planned 2 disc set is now down to one. What pisses me off is that this decision shoulda been made LONG before yours truly handled 30 plus fucking remixes from a seriously talented group of people. Hopefully this leads to a second disc, but for the record, this decision was not mine, and I did not pick the final tracklisting (though all of the remixes on the final are great). Even my new remix got cut, so direct all your shit to the H-Bar ;-)

And just to make sure there arent any bases left uncovered, I have an older HF song out to some remixers now, just for the fun of it...I think it's time for a remix break after this.

On another note: A special fuck you to VH1 who promoted Joy Division/New Order appearing on the 2 and a half hour UK Music Hall of Fame Awards program and then edited out their appearance. Great work, dumbfucks, cause I really needed to see Ozzy do like 4 songs. CL-ASS.

F

No comments: