28.8.09

Stop The Clocks.

A STATEMENT FROM NOEL

28 August 2009

“It’s with some sadness and great relief to tell you that I quit Oasis tonight. People will write and say what they like, but I simply could not go on working with Liam a day longer.

“Apologies to all the people who bought tickets for the shows in Paris, Konstanz and Milan.”

Vikki called me, ironically while I was on her old block having dinner with, of all people, Mr. Gutterball Birthday Boy, to see if I had heard the news. I immediately hung up with her and checked the reliable sites, all of whom were just reporting the above. And what did G and I, lifelong Oasis fans from the start, do? We laughed!! What people, or should I say the Internet, seems to have forgotten (or not been old enough or alive to even know about) is that this happened with Oasis EVERY FUCKING WEEK in the mid to late 90's. Noel quits, Liam no shows, etc. etc. Its just that it's been so long with any real drama from them that this actually seems much more significant. Press releases. Rumours blah blah. What this all means is simply that the spotlight is back on the UK's greatest modern band (i know i know but it SOUNDS cool) and we (meaning me, who them IM's G) will be following it all with great interest until they get back together and make a great album. Hopefully. Regardless, no one is dead, music will come out it and the UK press has fodder for ages now.

As mentioned on my Twitter, you couldn't plot a better career move. Of COURSE they're not done...they never will be. Unlike some bands I've been in of course!

F

No comments: