20.3.09

Randumbs.

What's up you clowns.

Make it simple for you, been doing my thing. Can't complain. Busy is good. Right? Now just sit the hell down and let me just spew out some random shit in no particular order so I'm at least caught up, ok?

The long awaited return of MASERATI happened last week and my god it was worth the wait. We had a nice big posse for this one, and it was at a venue with seats, which actually kinda was cool for this. Steve Moore of Zombi opened with an all 80's soundtrack sounding synth set, which we enjoyed quite a bit. I even got his album after cause I was that into it. Anyhow, GERRY, who is Ash's long lost BFF, brought the fucking awesome and the new songs are really good. You should have seen us all embarassingly giddy during this. It was that good. They need that new album out asap.

DUPLICITY is a pretty good movie featuring big movie stars in a clever story doing interesting things and looking good. It's smart, well crafted, beautifully shot and well paced. Tony Gilroy is really strong. It's the kind of movie my mom can see. I enjoyed it. It's the first time Clive felt like a big movie star to me. It also has the best payoff ever and Dan Hamill needs to see it immediately. It also made me want to eat Pizza, which Irene and I actually went and did right after...see it and you'll understand.

I did a lot of cool shit recently as a low level comic book writer/movie producer where I get to yap about things I love. Here are three cool things:

I appeared on a podcast discussing WATCHMEN here: http://www.batman-on-film.com/podcasts_menu.html

Then I did a show called COMIC CLUB LIVE which was awesome and on a stage and saw Lurch go mental about Watchmen yet again, go figure. I don't think the audio is up yet, but keep checking here: http://www.popcultureshock.com/cbclub/

And finally, my pal Kyle Newman, who directed the wonderful FANBOYS, and I did a Forcecast for the awesome guys at Theforce.net: http://www.theforce.net/topstory/story/ForceCastClone_Wars_Roundtable_S1_Episode_21_121887.asp

EASTBOUND AND DOWN is the best show on fucking TV. Danny McBride is a genius and Will Ferrel impersonating Ric Flair is blow away. BEST SHOW ON TV. The finale tonight was great and I'm hoping they do another season of this shit cause it's so wonderfully uncomfortable and scary and hilarious all at the same time. GET ON IT.

Man, I'm really upset about the Natasha Richardson thing. First off, it's just plain fucking horrible, but to see Liam Neeson all around the city being so stoic just breaks my heart. I watched some video of him greeting people on Broadway and I literally burst out into tears. I love the man, he was very nice to me when I met him briefly a few years back, and maybe cause he's Qui Gon, I care just a little bit more. I know.

I totally slacked on the music this week, mostly because BRADLEY CRAMP popped up on the right coast and we grabbed an epic dinner uptown. Plus he picked up the tab, the geezer. Brad remains a wonderful friend, probably the only person I know who has had a similar career to my own and thus understands it in a way few could. And my god, he has some cute kids. Hoping to sneak in some more time with him before he heads back West.

Morrissey played Bowery last night. It was awesome. I'm gonna wait for Irene to gimme the pix before I blog about it. Also, I got drunk and was a total wanker. Sorry about that.

Back soon.

F

No comments: