3.3.09

In 3D

Where you been?

Ive been around, honestly just trying to enjoy my life, which is the usual fare of 09. Meaning, it's awesome with some stress and drama, new to me obviously, but I'm slowly getting a grip on what has been the weirdest year of my life thus far and it's only fucking March!

I had a lovely weekend, just FYI. Barbara, she of Italian heritage and excellent taste hosted some folks for an Italian Carnavale. Despite the lack of Roger, it was still good to see some folk we had not seen in awhile. I also got there early, had no idea who to speak to, so I approached some brit girls (cause they were handling the food and drinks, you see I am clever) and I created a new gimmick, which is organically weaving the fact that I am engaged early into conversations with young women in order to create a more comfortable situation ("Oh, I'll have a drink before MY FIANCE gets here"). This fucking WORKS. It's like being gay. Sorta. Obviously, by the time the fiance does show up, you're bragging about seeing Oasis at Finsbury in the pouring rain in 2002. But it was a good time with again awesome food, and Jessie filled every pocket she had with stolen MnM's which was then of course used to throw at cars and people while waiting to eat dinner at some really good Mexican place. It was a solid Friday night, kids. There are some pix ill try to grab.

Saturday was like the first day off the future Mrs and I both had so we made a day out of it. First we shopped for girly clothes with Jessie which was long and tedious though one store played the entire Best Of The Stone Roses which definitely helped. Then we TRIED to go to The Stack for some beer and pretzels but motherfuckers werent open yet, so we went to inoteca for wine (them), beer (me) and some snacks.

After, we did the obligatory wedding planning dinner thing with my folks at this French place I am not feeling anymore (not Les Halles obviously), and then we checked out CORALINE in 3D, which I enjoyed a great deal. The attention to detail was sick and the storytelling was excellent and it was kinda scary. The 3D was super and I can see that this is the wave of the future. I can only imagine seeing something like STAR WARS like this would be amazing. I had few complaints about the movie, mostly that the parents were total dicks before and after. But, it was cool and the 3d trailer for Aliens and Monsters was pretty sweet too. Love 3D.

Sunday, was a chill day, which we needed. Gym, general hanging out and then a fun afternoon with Lurch, Priya, and G, first at Marshall Satck (FINALLY got my pretzels and tots and pints) and then at that place they like which I don't remember the name of, but I like a lot. It's on allen street and rivington across from stack so if you want to go, ask Danny. They had some good shit with bacon. It was here I realized I had been drinking a lot lately, which I am sorta excited about.

I am excited about a great many things, starting with Watchmen this Friday. Then there are some seriously good albums coming out, like Doves, Depeche, Kasabian (if they ever announce it), etc. Plus, I am feeling Star Trek is going to be great.

Sorry this is brief and yes if you noticed, there is a lack of music making in my life at the moment. I am going to try and rectify that very fucking shortly.

In a bit

F

No comments: