1.2.09

The Yoga Mat

It's hard for me to figure where I left off, what I have missed telling you about, etc. so I'm just going to go on about what I can and can't remember. My Twitter bullshit thing probably tells a better story these days than this blog. Forgive me for that, and if you give that much of a shit about this, go get yourself a Twitter and look your boy up. A lot of my blog time has been consumed with my now obsession with hitting the Precor for a half hour at least 5 days a week. Totally changed my life, if youve seen me lately, you'd know. It's great being able to wear those old Big A shirts again, son! Or daughter!

Anyhow, this is a weird time, certainly one of the strangest of my life. Extremely high highs and a few scary lows. I think this might be this way for a lot of people, and as usual, I am much more fortunate than the average Frank. There's been some moments of forgetting that this month, but luckily there are a few kind women and some assholes to slap me around to remind me of that. But yes, I've missed you. I've missed the simplicity of writing to you on this silly blog on a regular basis. I'm happy to be here at the moment, so let's try and get ourselves caught up if we can ok?

Besides work, which is always hard to explain, there are two main focuses (foci?) in my life, The Wedding and The Band. Honestly, the wedding stuff is more Irene's responsibility, but I occasionally get involved. This was sorta the big week in that the dress was chosen and the food was tested. Irene's mom came to town, which is a treat and a half for these festivities, so we had the whole crew together. Anyhow, the food tasting is more my thing, and I gotta tell you, some of you people reading this will be at this wedding and I am telling you, your asses are going to eat like champs. The company Irene found, http://www.creativeedgeparties.com/, is awesome and they are making me some sweet ass pigs in blanket, so we are fucking good to GO. The tasting was fun. And I have just spent the last 4 days eating homemade Korean food. WIN.

Sister in law and nephew came down for a brief cameo. Always happy to see my boy. He and I got a lot of Xbox in and we even went to a bar for drinks with G and B. I don't know why I like taking my nephew to bars. He drinks sprite and eats pretzels and chills and he is the best. Today we hit Chinatown, raided the arcade and then shot off fireworks with the New Years crowd success. He has me hooked on LIFT4DEAD on Xbox.

The other thing keeping me occupied, are the next two Hypefactor projects. Exit Strategies is near completion. Along with Ash, Charles came in last weekend to play his final parts for the album, and now it's really just down to your hero singing and B playing so guitars and we're ready to mix. We've been alternating this with wrapping up a Peka remix, which is coming along great, and the start the as of yet unnamed Hypefactor EP, the first of two, this one being the moody one. I want to document the songs to see if it ever changes, but the tracklisting is: THE THOUSAND SEAS, MAGIC WORDS (the third MOG related band to tackle this one), THE FREE AGENT, DESCRIPTIVE (first full band written track), and THE SWEETEST SOUL REX MIX (a remix of our classic). Let's see a year from now if we stuck to this.

Anyhow, I like you people, but I must go for now. I am enjoying all of todays Super Bowl movie trailers, especially STAR TREK. And I can't believe Kruger has written shit for those big ass robots I saw the Transformers trailer. Even GI Joe caught my interest. Hopefully, we're gonna have ourselves a fun comic con this weekend.

How are YOU?

F

No comments: