19.2.09

Lost Memories

And hello again. Is it me or is 2009 just weird as fuck? It just seems like we're somewhere else in the multiverse, like the movie 2009 Lost Memories where the guy just KNOWS something is amiss. Displacement might be the right word, but Irene is the English genius. I don't want to sound like a downer as of late, I'm still the luckiest guy you know, and still your hero. A great way for me now to remember what I need to update on this blog is by checking my Twitter updates. That usually sparks a memory or two.

I'm still trying to catch you up. I know. I think I had fun last weekend. I know Friday night, I was at Duff's drinking with Brandt and we didn't even work on a musical note. Then I hopped back into the city for some drinks with Jessie, some dude she likes, and Irene at Heathers. I know I was back at B's wrapping up our first ever home cooked Hypefactor remix, this one of The Sweetest Soul, and I must admit it sounds amazing. We've been toying with it for a few years, but we cracked down it for some reason as of late and it just clicked. Why we haven't been working on the album is a question I am afraid to ask, but I think March will be the month shit picks up (especially since we're seeing some awesome gigs). However, I sent Le Dossier a rough draft of the remix I'm sad I haven't heard back from him.

After the Rex Mix (as we call it) got into shape, B and I then grabbed some awesome at Caracas Arepa Bar and took our asses into the city for the release party/gig for the Screen Vinyl Image album. This was originally scheduled in BK, but somehow got moved to fucking Pianos, which I hate immensely. However, it's SVI, so we gotta represent. We were shocked to see SVI now has a drummer! This is a very cool development and it works well. My gut is that this will even get better as it progresses and will change a lot of the dynamic within the band. They played the loudest fucking set ever, and I regret the no earplugs, which I didn't even think of at the time but won't forget about next time. Loud as Fuck. Great tunes though. Hey even Sweets was there. Life IS Sweets.

Club Superstar Matt Gentile Last Of The Famous International Playboys was at a gig nearby on a similar schedule, so we met up with him as he was rolling smokes for LA transplants with trannie friends who look like Chyna. Then the three of us took it to Motor City (the bar, not Detroit) and had some pints into the evening. Excellent time.

Sunday was Geek Tea which had me, Lurch and Evan sitting in the new tea house by the apt talking geek shit, and yes i wore my Sinestro Corps Tshirt. To top this off, my parents then called from of all places Forbidden Planet, excited to see Spirit figures in the window and my first issue on the book 1 copy away from being a sell out at the store (it's been pretty well received, I'm told). Then we ate some French.

It was a good old fashioned friends and drink and beat filled weekend. Can't complain...Since then it's the usual Wrestling on Mondays, Jessie came by for dinner on Tuesday (and I got really tipsy at Huckleberry before my haircut), and trying to get in some time with the Mrs., who is in work frenzy. I'm told we're still having a wedding, which is nice ;-)

F

No comments: