25.7.08

9:25 Thursday Night in San Diego

This year is going to be some kind of record low of blog posts. I'm sorry. Hello from San Diego, California, where I sit on the 17th floor of the W hotel eating a salad before heading off to the long awaited screening of Fanboys, by my pal Kyle Newman. I'm really excited for this.

I got here this afternoon after spending most of the week in Cheyenne, Wyoming doing research and checking out locations for a project I have recently become involved in. Man, it's incredible there. It's the heart of Dick Cheney country. Being a city boy, it's easy to forget that entire big chunk o land between NY and LA. It's scary and exciting all at the same time. I don't want to get too deep into the story, its a true story, nothing to do with the kinda project you'd associate me with, and very liberating for those very reasons. I saw and learned a lot in these last few days, very educational, very life changing. Its a big difference going from telling a story from the funny books to working on someones real life. Hopefully will get some pix to show you soon. Man, America scares the living shit out of me sometimes. While this story is very intense and very scary, it eventually becomes a wonderful positive tale of redemption. Cheyenne was a great reality check for your hero to put a lot of shit in perspective.

Anyway, back here in SD, already dropped way too much cash on the convention floor in under 60 minutes. But the kids, and Irene are all now hooked up with goodies and your hero can get to work on meetings and shit. Darwyn gave me a fresh out of the box autographed copy of his new book. What a treat! 2:45 tmo is the big SPIRIT panel and man I am scared shitless of the reaction. I hope its good. Meanwhile, the studio is promoting the fuck out of it here, so I give them props for that. Again though, the con is too big now. Comics are an afterthought. My time on the floor will be minimal. Yes I sound cranky about it, but while walking through the floor today, I realized this is a pretty sweet gig. Again, perspective.

More later. Time to feel the force...

F

No comments: