16.1.07

UNTHINKABLE EVENTS ARE UNFOLDING

Yes, thats how the cable guide describes tonights 2 hours of 24. Last nights 2 hours, watched exclusively on Evan's new HD TV in Harlem, had us screaming our lungs out. Mind you this was after the fucking awesome meal of Chicken and Waffle at Amy Ruth's (Home-Style Southern Cuisine 113 W. 116th St., New York, NY 10026 between Lenox Ave. and Adam Clayton Powell Blvd. ) and dammit were we full. Anyhow, Jack Bauer came back and his done some of the sickest shit I will ever see on Network TV and goddammit it is so F'n good. Yes, we've seen a lot of this before, but mind you, we're only a few episodes in, and admit it, fucker, you are on the edge of your seat screaming WHAT THE FUCK, just as we have been. I mean, come on, in the first episode he ______ that terrorist in the ________ and then proceed to shoot _______, which you never saw coming and this was all before the shit went down and the dirty.....well, just fucking watch. Oh, and how awesome is Morris. I know!

I apologize for my absence. I haven't been much fun of late, and that's for reasons that can't be posted here. For the concerned, it's all professional related, so everything else is as it should be. Just crazy times. Some days, I just miss playing wii with my nephew, when things are simple and nice and without care. Sadly, the real world even crashes on a dreamer like myself every now and then.

I failed to mention that we checked out CHILDREN OF MEN last week and man it was really good! Alfonso Cuaron is just an amazing director and while I had some issues early on with the movie, I thought he did at tremendous job. Clive Owen was dead on with this and really carried it. My biggest complaint, and this won't spoil it, was that they didn't get as deep into the world this was all taking place in as well as they should. Had we seen the world a bit more, and understood the current world climate, the drama would have been heightened and would have had a much larger impact on the story and characters. It's a minor complaint, but enough for me to keep this from declaring it great. Still, totally worth checking out.

If it makes you feel better, I have been trying to get some music done, mostly in the remix form, but I did FINALLY get back to B's the other day, and it felt great to get back to the songs that are just simply fucking awesome. So much to do, so little time, but it's all so good. We had a fun day playing with some new software and it felt like good progress. We also recorded some guitars and it's great when the pieces just fit together. Someday we will be done. Someday. But with all the shit hitting fans this week, it was a nice escape. Then we ate. MMM.

How are YOU doing?

F

No comments: