1.1.07

Oh_Seven

Welcome to 2007. Sorry for the delay, but it's been uncle/nephew week and we have being playing Nintendo, reading comics and doing the things that men do. In between all that I try to work on a remix. We had a special guest as Business Affairs stayed the night with us and while Irene watched Generation J (we've come from me holding a door closed so he can do drugs to my girlfriend babysitting his two year old), BA and I went to the revamped Batcave to check out Jared and co do their thing. I never get tired of Jared or the songs I love, but the sound in the new venue (which visually is cool) blows and well, honestly, there are certain bandmembers working for Jared that should be fired immediately for being just atrocious. But I digress...We'll see more of Jared in 07....

Speaking of 07, we rang in the new year with some great company (the guys), and then an early evening at MOGworld watching the balls drop and eating ice cream floats and drinking after dinner drinks. then the guys did grown up (down?) things while Irene, Cam and I watched the Ugly Betty Marathon. That show now goes on my best of 06...

Speaking of 06, it's over. I'm looking forward to 07, and I like to start 07 with a list of some kind (inspired by listaholic Nick Rhodes) of things I am looking forward to in 07. My list is simple and focused:

The conclusion of the Hypefactor album, the true obsession of my life.
The start of the follow-up
Collaborating with Ash and B for Ash's new CD
The start of Shatterpieces (my suture style collaboration with Jared)
The aggression rarities CD
Some remix work
Anything from Peter Saintface
Jerry.

One thing I am going to do is what I am calling the Aggression Obituary. Let me explain: I have been writing some history down because we had an interesting story before the world of blog and I wanted to start memorializing the band properly for myself before I truly forget. Eventually, it will form the companion piece to the rarities CD and together will serve as the last period at the end of the last sentence in the last chapter of the book. I'd scan photos, but then I would have people who used to play guitar up my ass about not having any video, photos, etc. and that's not my fault guys, you should have been that interested in the last century ;-)

OK super. Remember, The MOGpac 07 will be better than your life. As Always. But I love you for that. I truly do.

F

No comments: