21.10.05

GONE

Ok, you've lost me and you're going to lose me for the time being. Why? The WARRIORS game came out and it's simply the best video game adaptation of a film I have ever played. Most games waste their time trying to milk a feature film into a game, but the folks at Rockstar obviously love that 2 hour movie so much that they have gone and created an entire backstory and spent time actually developing the characters. And is it violent? You bet your ass it is. The very essence of all that is great about The Warriors is captured here. We held "Warriors Night" here on Wednesday night where Lurch, Evan, G and I (Irene wisely went out to avoid hearing us all speak like James "Ajax" Remar) played till the wee hours of the morning. It was a fun and tiring event and now I am way deep into this excellent game. This is truly brilliant stuff.

Also brilliant is Joss Wheedon's SERENITY, which I loved in a huge way and is certainly going on my "Best Of" list this year. Sadly, the movie is not being seen by the masses and is, in fact, a big ass flop financally, but the movie is excellent. It has its moments where it seems too much like a TV episode (FYI, I have never seen the original series this is based on), but storywise, acting wise, etc this is a wonderful new universe that sadly will probably only live on in comics and novels. I think it was promoted wrong and promoted like a TV series and all targeted to the fanboys. There's much more to this awesome movie than the masses will ever realize.

Went to a screening of BREAKFAST ON PLUTO, and it was really enjoyable stuff. Cillian Murphy shows all the reasons why he was NOT cast as Batman playing a trannie searching for his mother in 70's era UK. The movie is very good and Murphy is a wonderful actor, but I have to say the movie's best moments were all in the second act when a shockingly good Gavin Friday appears as an Irish musician with a few secrets to hide. He's electric onscreen and his new songs are solid (I hope there's a soundtrack). Bryan Ferry also pops up for a cameo and is really sleazy good. Qui Gon speaks through the force in this film as a priest. All in all a good small movie with some great acting.

On the music front, I'm happy to report that I sent the Chemlab Remix album in for mastering this week and am hoping to get back the mastered copy of the aggression's remix album sometime next week. So that's two almost out the door! More to discuss in the coming weeks, I think.

Ok, so I apologize NOW for the lack of blogging due to the Warriors. If you want, I will unblock the blog so Anus can post and keep you all company. How's that?

F

No comments: