26.7.05

Live From New York...


This photo was probably me at my most relaxed during my whole journey (with the exception maybe being my first night in San Francisco thanks to Baby Ano). It's all I need: Powerbook, tons of tea, some Junior Mints, and a hotel room with a fucking sweet ass view of downtown Tokyo. Very little can compare. Honestly, I could lock myself in there for weeks and not complain one bit. I was very productive during the off hours in Tokyo, creating what I think could be some of my finest music yet. Sadly (or happily), I was sober for very little of this...

Is this quite possibly the longest gap in which I have written to you? Some of you ACTUALLY complained. This made me happy. One of you, known to some as my younger sibling said "Don't Go Away Anymore", though I think this is less about me than it is having home cooked meals from my other half every Monday night. So be it.

Here's the round up:

Tokyo: Amazing.
L.A. (Round 1): Vague
San Diego: Overload
L.A. (Round 2): Semi-Coherent
San Francisco: Quite simply the second best city in the US bar none.
L.A. (Round 3): Exhaustion

I'm back, I'm buried in shit that I brought back, boxes, toys, comics, you name it, including the new topic of abuse, my PURPLE multi-region DVD player. It was that or pink, of course now I'm in the doghouse for not picking the latter. Anyhow, there are TONS of DVD's to be watched that I have never seen on my TV screen (only my Powerbook), so I'm very excited.

While I have been blessed with many things, I am not blessed with time for the moment. As of Friday, I'll be on Uncle duty for the rest of the Summer, which I am extremely excited about. We have to travel to Montreal (yes again) to grab the little guy. He's six, he's handsome and brillaint and quite smart and funny, so I think we're going to have some fun during his first trip to the Big Apple. This could be cool and is a very exciting responsiblity that I'm very much looking forward to. I'm taking some serious time off from work just to be an uncle and musician until I'm 33, which is much sooner than later at this point, so start shopping.

Anyhow slumber awaits, stay beautiful.

F

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've missed your blogging.

- Junk

mjg. said...

I've missed your junk.

- matt

fuss said...

Wow, your week really is better than my life.

F.J. said...

You are all very nice people! Thanks

F

Anonymous said...

Who is this "other" younger sibling of which you speak? I agree that you shouldn't go away anymore, but that won't stop me from scratching their eyes out. Seriously.

Love,

'Lil sis
a.k.a. your REAL fake sibling