1.7.05

Kicks

I apologize for being, as Jared would say, "off the grid" so to speak. The usual insanity is slightly more insane than usual. This coming Friday I am off on 2 week journey that will have me seeing Tokyo, San Diego (for Comic Con), Los Angeles, San Francisco, back to Los Angeles and then home here in NYC. Of course, naturally, I'm excited for such adventures, but the preparations can be taxing, especially when there is music to be made. I'm tired just thinking how tired I'm gonna be just from the Japan part of this. I'm not complaining mind you, but even when consulting with management words like "tired", "Exhausted" and "dead" came up.

Anyhow, the aggression remix album is officially out of my hands and into the hopefully capable hands of Rob at DBR. Mastering has begun, the artwork has been sent and hopefully this summer you the music fan will be able to purchase said album (or just ask me nice for one). As for the Chemlab remixes, lets just say this: I have two Ipod playlists for this record, one called ROCK WHORE, which contains 27 (yes TWENTY SEVEN) fucking remixes slated for the album SO FAR and the other called ROCK WHORE EXTRA/FAN, which has another dozen or so mixes. This is record is SERIOUS and we still don't have everything in. I'm still trying to explain to Jared the concept of how much one can actually fit on a CD. I've seen a draft or two of the artwork which of course is killer. After these two records, I never want to do anything associated with a remix album ever again. Ok?

Mozeltov to Brandt who now lives somwhere I don't know in Brooklyn with all my gear and an entire still unfinished Hypefactor album. New studio name forthcoming when I have spent some time there after looking for my gear and an unfinished Hypefactor album.

I've been fortunate enough to carve out some time to make it to the movies. I hated WAR OF THE WORLDS cause it felt like a very long extended first act of a three act movie. I was bored. It was repetitive. It was a boring formula of "shit happens. people hide in basement. Shit happens. Run. Repeat". I expected more. Can understand Spielberg wanting to do something dark and scary, but bring some fun to it, give us some proactive heroes and the aliens look like the same thing we have always seen. Weak.

However a pleasant surprise appeared before our eyes last night when we saw one of my least most anticipated films of 2005, THE FANTASTIC FOUR. I went in with low expectations and left a happy kid who loves comic books. It's a really good super-hero movie that, in a summer that has very dark movies like WAR OF THE WORLDS, should find a nice niche for the kids to go crazy for. Like Batman, it's a new spin on a classic tale that doesn't insult the original property at all and I was pleased to see they actually went back to a lot of writer Mike France's stuff from his excellent mid-90's script as opposed to the dozens of terrible scripts that have been floating by over the years. Sure it has a bunch of problems, and I don't like the take they had on Dr. Doom, but this is probably the best Marvel movie since X2. I'll own this on DVD.

In light of all my travels my other half has put me in shopping mode, which I am not very good at, but a willing participant as I must look as good as possible when meeting any and all of you. Sneakers were a priority as I have destroyed my Pumas from a year ago. I wanted to get the Addidas 35th Anniversary Ian Brown sneakers and was willing to pay for these fuckers, but sadly the Addidas store in soho only had a pair two sizes too small for me. So I got two pairs of Pumas at a discount (thanks to a friend of irene's) for less than I would have paid for the Ian Broons. oh well. I have a new sportjacket too that makes me look Mod, Supposedly.

Anyhow, how are you? Are you gonna watch Live 8 tomorrow? I am just for Dickie and Coldplay. if thats true. I hope this start Dickie's comeback!

F

No comments: