15.6.05

N-ME

Ok, I've been lying low post-LA, however, thanks to certain well-connected and handsome black man, Dan Hamill and I were able to relive our Gold Street days of watching late night ECW on cable and sit in Row G (funny how that keeps coming up) on the floor for the ECW One Night Stand Pay Per View. I love pro wrestling. I make no secret of it. I have been to Wrestlemanias, I have been to PPV's, House Shows, you name it, but nothing could top this evening just for the sheer energy of this fucking insane crowd. It was singlehandedly the best night of professional wrestling I have ever been to. Dan Hamill saw Dan Marie and I got to see Paul Heymen prove his insane genius for all to see. Suddenly, Raw and Smackdown mean much less. In other wrestling news, I look foward to watching the new 3 DVD Wrestling Superstars of the 80's with G and Ash and Matt.

Anyhow, the following is reason number 562 as to why I am upset the Hypefactor record isn't done: While walking home last night, I witnessed The Fro from The Strokes (see previous entry regarding the Gallo/Lennon gig), the latest NME in hand, about to sit down to an outdoor dinner with the fucking Editor-In-Chief of the NME, Connor McNichol. My God, I wish at that moment I had a CD to just give this guy. The fact that I knew what the fucking guy looked like is scary enough (I read the NME way too religiously weekly), but this guy is the reason why the NME has actually been good after years of (stupidly) looking to America for their music. Now, possibly you're thinking even if I had a CD would the guy even listen to it. I would think that if I was the NME and was recognized on the street somewhere in NYC (I doubt I would even acknowledge the Fro), I would give the guy who recognized me the benefit of the doubt. Anyhow, it's a possible opportunity blown. I lose sleep over very little in this world, but music is one of those things.

Always enjoyable to speak with my dear friend Peter Saintface the other day for a good hour plus. We are both in similar places at the moment and it's always good to compare notes. I trusted comrade, indeed. Like Ash, he's a guy who lives it, and I respect that immensely.

Meanwhile, crazy cool French douche COLDER has a new album coming out called HEAT. Thanks to TODD RYAN (his name always typed in caps), I have been able to hear it. I dig the first album, AGAIN, a lot, and the live show was ok. this new album more of the same, but combines what worked about the live show and the first album to much better effect. It's a bit more upfront and feels more organic than the previous, more seductive album, but it's cool in that french douche kinda way and I'm feeling it quite a bit. Playing live did him well. It won't change my world, but it will put me in a helluva good mood.

Anyway, go check out the Bat today and keep me employed. Thanks ;-)

F

No comments: