24.5.05

Jack Bauer R.I.P...

...or so the President of the United States will be led to believe! In the end, 24 Season Four was 23 hours and 45 minutes of pure perfection and then an anticlimatic ending and 15 confusing minutes that supposedly have set up Season Five. Well what can I say, you can't win 'em all. Jack won, but now has had to fake his death in order to avoid being killed by his own government and go on the run. It's all a bit ALIAS for me, but nevertheless intruiging. Don't count this crew out, the people behind 24 are very savvy and they pulled off a near perfect season here. Still the Best Show on Television...possibly ever. And yes, Mandy the Naked Terrorist was pardoned but the beauty of DVR was our ability to rewind and watch over and over again the scene where Curtis punches her out. A classic 24 moment. Where will it go? Who knows, but it seemed like someone got an idea at the last minute and rushed it through. They are going to write it in advance like they did last season and present the show uniterrupted starting in January so they have the proper lead time to do something awesome. I expect nothing less.

Brief Notes:

*The aggression album REVISIONIST HISTORY is complete. I'm very excited about it and you should be too. It's going to be a full disc of extremely diverse remixes from all over the world over the last 8 years. Labelmates VTG have done something very unique with our song END in that really impressed the shit out of me. It will close the album. Cyanotic have also come through at the last minute with some industrial destruction.

*My small cousin, now 7, called me to say REVENGE OF THE SITH "WASNT EVEN THAT SCARY!!" and confirms the suspicion that we are clones when he announced that his favourite scene in the movie was the same as mine. This is scary and life affirming! Next week, we will be making plans to see the film together for the millionth time.

*Excellent speaking to my friend Jamie Duffy yesterday, who I miss quite a bit. Don't worry, he's on the new Hypefactor album. He sounds happy and in good form. He's hard at work on some new music and he's jazzed. Always a good sign.

*In continuing with the industrial old folks week, I was pranked over the weekend by my buddy Todd Ryan who was out boozing with my old friend Dan Neet. New Clay People? Bring that shit!

*The company of the Ladies from Internationalpoontang.com at a New York beer garden was good old school sloppy fun. Kudos to Liz for denying social time with Bono and inventing the phrase "I want you inside me" which is being used to hilarious effect even days later. Also revealed at this was that Brandt, he of Hypefactor, has never seen a woman naked. The only thing I have to say about that is MATT DAMON.

*On the wrestling front: Seeing Vincent Kennedy McMahon Jr., Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff in the same ring last night shattered my already fragile mind. It surely must be a sign that the end of everything is near. However, i must say wrestling was pretty good for 2 weeks till HHH came back. I love the man, but its just tired and his absence from the screen for 2 weeks actually made things interesting. Go to Smackdown, guy!

*Rumours of the Stone Roses reuniting are beginning to heat up. Somehow this time its more "real" than usual. If you read this blog on any regular basis you'll know where I stand. However, after reading this today, http://www.nme.com/news/112446.htm, I started to daydream about this happening and coordinating a trip to the UK with G to see this cause I think this would actually get us across the pond. More on this when it develops.

BATMAN tomorrow.

F

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Matt Damon.